Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

Babo Besties' Impure Relationship XV

 

naver book review blog. 

‘The atmosphere here is pretty good; quiet.’ Kevin said to Yira with a smile.


Despite being with Kevin, Yira’s mind was on her phone. There had been nothing from Gye-eul since lunch. He should at least text her and tell her how he was doing. She sighed inwardly as she drank her wine.


‘The wine is nice, isn’t it? My friend in France recommended this vintage to me, so I often ask for it. I usually don’t like dry wines but this is very flavoursome.’


But Yira continued to drink absently without replying.


Kevin’s mood fell, ‘I’m bothering you when you’re tired.’ He said.


‘Oh no, no.’ Yira said apologetically, ‘I’m sorry I’m distracted.’


‘That’s a relief.’ He replied, then added, ‘I am worried about something important.’


‘Important? Would you like to talk about it?’ Yira put down her glass of wine and gave him her full attention.


Kevin gave a shy smile, ‘It’s only important to me.’


Yira’s eyes widened in curiosity.


‘You were looking at your phone. Are you waiting for a call from someone?’ He said changing the subject.


‘Huh?’


He gazed pointedly at her phone, ‘You’ve been staring at your phone the whole time.’


‘Ah, I was waiting for a call from my friend, but yeah…’


‘Friend? Is it that person?’


‘Person?’


‘The person who had a long crush; did the change of attitude go well?’


She hadn’t expected him to remember the tall tale she had told him. She smiled awkwardly; thanks to him she and Gye-eul were now dating, but how could she tell him the truth?


‘It’s…going well.’


‘Is there still something wrong?’


‘I’m not sure; my friend has had this crush for a long time, so she’s still worried, nervous and a little upset. She can’t seem to give her best.’


Kevin smiled as he sipped his wine, ‘What is there to overthink; just love each other.’


‘Still…’


‘I have an inkling your friend is actually fine.’


‘Why?’


‘She may have liked him first, and liked him for a long time which may make her think she loves him more than he does, but when she did the test, didn’t he confess first?’


She nodded.


‘That’s a turnaround, isn’t it?’


Was it really the case? She looked in askance at Kevin.


‘I assure you; it is really the case. Tell her not to worry too much.’ He said with a gentle smile. They both drank their wine in silence for a bit before Yira turned to him,


‘You said you were thinking of something important.’ She asked.


Kevin dropped his head in a bashful manner before looking up and saying, ‘There is a park just up ahead, why don’t we take a walk?’


‘A walk?’


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Frangipani 1 - 2 (h)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)