Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

The Master's Sun 3 and 4: The one where Alice drags Jack, kicking and screaming, down into the Rabbit Hole

Look! Hand!
Episode 3 was just so nice. Unlike 1 and 2, I did not feel like I was being manipulated. There was a better understanding of show don't tell. This episode solidified my adoration for this show. Storytelling was better and we are getting more of the story with Hee Joo and Joong Won. I find it really hard to put a coherent picture of what I like and didn't like about episodes. When one is used to silence, it is really hard to put what one wants to say about stuff into words.

Personally, I am okay with the episodic story nature of The Master's Sun, even though it's a crutch, I do not particularly mind it. Yes, not everything can be tied off neatly in a bow, but Taeyang's life already highlights that. She has a ghost haunting her that does not even want help. He just wants to drink coffee and be a bother. Or even in the case of the old lady that wants her to stop the building of a supermarket. How is she to complete that? Having her being able to resolve some of their issues could be seen as a blessing, a chance for some rest if you like. No? Yes? Maybe?


Gong Shil and Joong Woo are very amusing together, even when Joong Woo is an asshole.


 They also have given a nice reason why Taeyang does not sleep. When her guard is down, in the case of being drunk or asleep, she gets possessed. I really loved the possession sequence, but what the hell was the Lion King chant when she was a wolf all about? Unless she was a hyena? They are sorta canine right, Hong Sisters? It's fun that Joogoon found some reason for him to keep her close but does every body in this universe have ghosts haunting them?

Most people who are from my part of the world might associate the Lost Heel ghost with Madam Kan-ko or Lady Kan-ko from our boarding school ghost stories about a teacher from some girls' high school who always wore high heels. She was dubbed Miss/Madam/Lady Kan-ko; kan-ko is an onomatopoeia for high heel shoes. She dies but only gets buried with one foot of her shoe somehow, so she goes around boarding schools looking for her missing shoe, and you know she's coming by the sound of the click and drag of heel and foot. 'Do you have my shoe?' she asks. 'Where is my shoe?' LOL. We sure loved to scare ourselves silly.



Joong Won is thawing faster than you can say global-warming. I checked it only takes a second to say that.


His ozone layer is no match against the strength of Taeyang's desire to sleep, and where there is skin-ship surely other things will grow. Honestly Joong Woo has not captured my heart, neither has Kang Woo. But their uncontrolled petty jealousy of each other is very amusing. Kang Woo considers his jealousy as curiosity and Joong just thinks it's beneath him.


Whether it fits into his view of the world's view or not, Joong Woo certainly cannot ignore her and her ghost sense, especially after that beautiful display at his ridiculous house. Speaking of his house, I find myself noting sleeping habits of actors in their fancy 'houses'; they always seen to sleep atop the duvet. Is there a reason for this? Or is it just a 'namja' thing? Based on all the drama I have watched, girls are better sleep pretenders than boys. If I had not seen the bed scene already, I would have fainted, in this instance I would say thank the gods for previews.


As for Kang Woo, I had a suspicion that he was working for Joogoon's dad. I dunno why. Whether it is for good or ill is the question. He is also falling for that Big Sun charm, they are really cute together. I hope he and Hyo Jin are in something else together where he's the lead. He is still majorly trumped by So Ji Sub. What was that silly light he was using to search her room? Does he think this is CSI: Seoul?




Aside from that, Uncle wants to become president, doesn't he? That's the only reason I can think of, for him to be such a childish tattle tale. Luckily Joogoon is not a young push over.


Does any body get why Secretary Kim is nice to Taeyang? Or is he just an all-round nice guy? Let's be honest, any one would think that she's a crazy lady, and would be wondering why the she's hanging around his boss. But he's always been kind.


I only care for Hee Joo because she's the one who will bring Joong and TaeYang together. Outside of that, does anyone really think the kidnapper would keep the diamonds? Even if the person could not sell it in South Korea, there is China or Japan. Realistically, those diamonds would be long flushed poop by now, but hey we'll see. Honestly, the tale intrigues yet bores me. What if Giant Mall's president was Joogoon's kidnapper? That twist would move that storyline out of 'boring' right into 'resolve this now'! But like Kang Woo, I am more interested in the circumstances that brought Tae Gong Shil to this point, as a deeper tale not a foot-note like info dump. But I ain't holding my breath.

Toddler scam artists strike again!! ^^ They're cute

Tae Yi-Ryeong of the unfortunate name. On one hand, one of the most difficult things to get over is teenhood trauma, but low self esteem is one of the easier things to get over. Although, she doesn't seem like someone who had a good soul in the first place. I was wishing that vanity demon sat on her chest longer than half an episode. But her interactions with Kang Woo are funny.


It was kinda chivalrous that Joogoon did not wait for her to call him before he came to find her at the accident site. It is kind of sweet that he took his shelter duties seriously enough to ignore the fact they had just had a fight. He did say if it was an emergency; life or death he would let her touch him so... But it didn't touch me as much as I thought it should. I do adore this show, I am looking forward to my next visit to Taeyang's world.



My coming weeks are going to be busy so time will go faster, woo hoo! o >.< o Ah...I really need to remember time going faster means time is running out but whatevers.


Ciao x

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Frangipani 1 - 2 (h)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)