Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

Cinderella Did Not Leave Her Shoe - Side Stories V Parts 7, 8 & Other POV

 
Pinterest.

Charge! Visiting Hubby’s workplace! 7:

Boys seemed to be very enthusiastic about food. The mock battles were suspended while the knights reconvened.

‘Isn’t it better to go and buy something better than this?’ I said to Marie

But Marie shook her head and turned her head to the field, where a sign had been erected in very elegantly drawn letters, which was strange for something that had been erected at short notice; “The 1st Madame Brennan Cookie Cup!”

First…?

‘Madame, I believe they want cookies you made – not ones made by a bakery.’

I hadn’t expected it to be such a big deal: Wow, I am happy they’re excited about my cookies; its my first time making them. I hope they like them even if it tastes slightly weird. I was planning to give it out to everyone so I wasn’t expecting this battle I thought awkwardly.

But this was all too eye-catching. I could see people in the palace looking out wondering what was going on, and seeing the strange banner then whispering amongst themselves.

Let’s get this settled quickly so that ridiculous banner can come down.

I turned my attention back to the field where the knights had divided into four groups. And Volker was in the middle of one of them.

‘It’s worth it because it’s cookies made by you Madame – you’re an idol for them. Although, Brennan doesn’t look very happy about it.’ Breslin said as he bit into…a distorted cookie. Of course, it had to be that one.

‘Idol? What do you mean “idol”?’ I asked. I didn’t remember becoming such a big deal. Was the General’s wife obliged to become the knights’ idol?!

‘Oh, didn’t Brennan tell you?’ Breslin asked puzzled, then he chuckled.

How could I be an idol aside from Lady Priscilla?

Breslin looked past me at Volker,

‘Don’t stare at me so much or Brennan will kill me.’ He said before lowering his voice to say, ‘Don’t tell him what I told you.’

‘Since the war, the military has a selection of people that have a special mission. Usually, its veterans who have no family or connection with aristocracy, are seconded to a clan as a sort of retirement.’

Hmm?

‘But for some reason, it began to be seen as a publicity stunt to save the face of the military. Yet, the general consensus is that such a program is a reward to the soldiers after their long service. Yet, some would rather not do it, or if they did, they hid it.’

What is this about? (Zuben: I’d like to know as well)

‘After the great war, it was not possible to publicly server as a clan’s shield, because of the hoopla, so each assignment was treated as top secret. The current King, however, cares about this. We thought it was time to get rid of this role because because of the vindication of the Castley. Your family was being watched over, even if you didn’t notice.’

‘The army was in a really dire situation during the war; the supply chains were sketchy so there were no equipment, food, they wouldn’t even hope for reinforcements. While the enemy seemed like they didn’t have those problems. There were thoughts amongst the army about to just surrendering to enemy. If it weren’t for your grandfather, who knows what we would be.’

‘That’s why you have many fans in the military. Each new class of recruits are told of the Castley family’s help in the war.’

Breslin smiled and I returned the smile; I was thrilled to discover something new. Did father and mother know? I should ask them later.

So we were being guarded? When I thought about it, it don’t think such a thing was within the scope of the members of my familial home. While we were ignored and shamed, there was no stoning or beatings. No attempt at kidnappings, or even theft. I suddenly wondered if there had been close calls and the situation had been handled.

We were being protected.

My heart suddenly felt full, I was so happy I wanted to scream; thank you Military men!

If you like the cookies, I would practice lots and get better at them!

‘They’ve been discussing a long time.’ Breslin said as he munched on another cookie.

I thought we were giving those to the winner. Still, I didn’t ask because I wanted them to disappear.

The discussions were finally done.

‘Let’s regroup and begin!’

Charge! Visiting Hubby’s workplace! 8

Most of the knights on the field participated in the repêchage[1].

‘We don’t have time to finish our tour.’ Marie moaned behind me.

'That’s true! Maybe when we're done we can tour the rest of the facility.'

I had to watch.

‘Hopefully, we’ll be able to come another time.’ I said trying to comfort Marie while watching the proceedings.

‘I really wanted to learn the secrets of muscle building meals.’ She muttered.

There was a heated mock battle on the field, and people passed the strange banner muttering, ‘Is that why they are so passionate about today’s training?’

But it was hard to watch the knights fight very hard to get my distorted cookies. However, I am the perpetrator so I put up with it. I feel my consciousness expanding; it was a nice day today.

No other way to think about it unless I escaped from reality.


‘Whooo!’ A knight held his fist up in the air as the winner and the loser sank to the ground on his hands and knees.

Why is the game ending with such clear light and darkness?

The way of the sword is tough.

Three knights cheerfully lined up before me, but a dark shadow appeared; Volker.

‘Why can’t you guys normally train with this spirit. You’re only caught up by food. If you want Fredericka’s cookies, you have to beat me!’

Why is Volker holding up his sword acting like the demon king?

I can’t even…I pushed him aside and stepped forward.

‘Thank you, everyone. The first place knight is…’

I didn’t seem to have caught his name, but he introduced himself.

‘I am Adelbert Smit, a Knight of the 2nd Royal guard unit, ma’am.’ He said concisely. He had good eyebrows and exuded a strong will. Although he was big and muscular, there was no overwhelming feeling of intimation from him. Instead, his aura was refreshing. I wondered if he liked small animals or little children. (Zuben: Muscle festival!)

‘Congratulations Mr Smit, please take care of yourself.’ I said to him handing out the bag of cookies. He carefully took the package in both hands.

The was an applause from the surroundings; I wanted to ask what kind of weird ceremony had this developed into, but as Volker’s wife, I kept smiling.

The knight in second place gracefully bowed to me. This person was…a lady killer!

‘My name is Darfit Zernike; I am the first division commander of the Western Army.’

‘My second.’ Breslin said from behind me.

Ah, I see.

If the two of them stood together, the ladies of society would not be able to keep calm. It will be kyah!』『 kyah! everywhere

‘Congratulations.’ I said as I handed him his package of cookies.

‘Thank you, ma’am. Please come to the Western Army complex next time. You will be very welcome.’ He said.

I laughed without accent because I would need to talk to Volker about it. (Zuben: And trade extra bedroom work)

The third placed knight came up, ‘I am Rovie Berense of the 2nd Unit.’

‘Congratulations!’ I said to him.

He looked like quiet gentleman, I handed him his cookies to the applause.

Right, was the presentation ceremony over? I looked around and caught sight of Volker with a deep frown on his face? Did something taste bad?

‘What happened?’ I asked with a tilt of my head at him, but he just patted my shoulder with no reply.

What? Now, I’m curious.

I really wasn’t able to do the full tour because of the mock battle. General Breslin was caught by his adjutant and dragged back to work,

He left with a parting shot, ‘We’ll tour the Western Army complex next time!’

I smiled and waved.

After all, he told me a nice secret so I was indebted. I’ll talk about inviting him over for dinner with Volker.


Before leaving, I gave Talimus the rest of the cookies to share with the others and soon I was on my way back home.

Though I didn’t see everything, but was a weird, tiring but fulfilling day. It had been fun.

Marie suddenly turned to me and said very seriously, ‘Miss, you have to eat a lot of dinner tonight!’

Huh? Why so serious?!

‘You have forgotten? Your husband had told you to be prepared for tonight, remember?’

Ah! That’s right!

 

A lovable clumsiness.

This is a story of one of the Knights.

 

Impossible.

I covered my face with both hands. I wanted to run back to my room if I could.

How did I win?

‘Berense, you did it!’ My colleague Jarville came up and patted my shoulder hard, but I couldn’t look up at him.

Could you leave me alone? I wanted to say. I couldn’t share in my colleagues’ congratulations.

‘Are you crying?’

‘I’m not crying.’

I was embarrassed and wanted to cry, but if I cried, I would really become a pathetic man. I was determined to take my licks and raised my face.

‘Smit is really amazing.’ Jarville said handing me a jar of water, contrary to expectations. We looked over to where Smit was sitting with his friends.

Jarville was really fascinated by Smit; he thought his strength and swordsmanship were wonderful. And Rovie would agree, Smit was also someone who had a good reputation amongst people who knew him.

‘I still have a long way to reach his level.’ I was missing everything, strength, swordsmanship talent, courage, humanity.

‘What are you talking about? You came third!’ Jarville exclaimed, ‘If you skip Zernicke, you’re second place in the 2nd Unit!’

But, how could that be, I lost quite a bit the start.

‘No, it was just the way it turned out. I wouldn’t have come so high normally. I have to train more.’

‘Then, do you want to train with the general?’

The Royal General Brennan would train with me if I asked, but…

‘No, I’ll do it by myself.’ I still wasn’t ready in many ways.

I finally took a drink of water.

‘That’s right, you can’t confront the husband of the girl you like with a sword.’

I spat the water out.

‘What?’ I exclaimed.

How did he know? Why? I had never told anyone!

‘I think you should train you expressions before your swordsmanship,’ Jarvile said with a laugh, ‘You’re already quite fast, but because you use a light sword, you might lack strength. You need a little more muscle. Let’s do our best.’

He patted my shoulder.

‘Train my expression? My expressions?’ I couldn’t understand, but Jarvile didn’t reply – he had a sly look on his face with a cookie in his mouth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Frangipani 1 - 2 (h)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)