Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

Dragon's Prophet

Just spent the past week looking for somewhere new to find Asian dramas, but my search hasn't been very well done because of this game: Dragon's Prophet.



In Dragon's Prophet you are an amnesiac hero, running away from the people who cause your amnesia in the first place and helping others along the way. Typical theme-park RPG stuff.






Downloading and Installing the game was fraught with issues that I was able to resolve quickly thanks to the help of a very intelligent person with time on their hands on the forums. So after cursing and tweaking for an hour I was finally in the game.

There are are four classes


Guardian


Archer


Oracle


Sorcerer

Character creation was nice; template features could be tweaked and reshaped to make a completely unique character, though you really could not go fat, you could get thick set. On the other hand, the colour palette for skin, eyes, hair and lips were limited. I'm guessing they didn't want any one making any Avatar cat people.



After character creation, which I spent an inordinately long time at, you get to start the tutorial which sets up the story. One only has to do it once.


One's character is a member of the Skyhammer clan, of the Osira; a special lot of humans that can tame dragons.  And in the long run, are working up to fighting Knosos the emo-dragon.




The character is an amnesiac due to being knocked from the sky island by the bad lady, but she knows you are still alive so sends her minions after you.

After skyfall, one is given a choice of three zones to start in; Helmoth, Siberna and Hunak. Each zone is quite distinct from the other in flora, fauna and people.



There are a good amount of quests to get one going. One isn't overwhelmed by details and auxiliary quests though you do get daily quests to do, and one is allowed ten daily quests a day, which net you alternate currency you can use to get cash shop products.
The cash shop is not compulsory, one does not need to use it for travel, weapon and armour upgrades and so forth. But one does need it if one does not enjoy inventory chess and you will be playing that a lot, and if you want player housing.

Dungeons can be done solo or group. I have only tried them solo. You get a daily quest in the dungeons as well.

All crafting professions are available to everyone. One has a choice of Alchemy, Cooking, Armoursmithing, Blacksmithing, Tinkering, Carpentry (which is used for making furniture) and Refining. I had a lot of issues with this when I first started playing but they were obliterated in the current update. I enjoy crafting freedom, and though one doesn't get materials easily, one can get one's tamed dragons in the lair to hunt for them as part of training. I do them all, the ingredient combinations are a bit head scratchy but whateves.







Taming dragons was confusing for me at first, but I got used to it quickly. There are many dragons and not enough slots to hold them, you have your mobile stable, the lair and a chamber which his the largest dragon storage.


Good things:

Leveling is fast paced. There is virtually no grind up to level 25 which is the highest I am currently at. The skills are easy to master, no elaborate button combos. It is not pay to win at least not to my experience. I personally am not bored with the story since it doesn't take me ages to get to the next part.

Bad parts.

Talking to NPCs is a pain especially with my laggy client due to my graphics card over heating. They sorta need to be highlighted to get the interaction prompt which is very tricky for me in towns. Some map events are too big for single players so one has to be lucky to come upon others doing them to be able to complete them, I suppose that is to induce camaraderie but every time I come upon one of those, I usually am the only one there so no camaraderie for me :( And storage, boy the storage, I don't want to sound whiny and I get that the lack of ample initial storage is a business ploy, but storage is shitty and my illogical brain still thoroughly hates it. But at least back pack storage is not too expensive. I've spent money on it already, you acquire so much stuff it's very hard not to.

My dislikes are petty, its a good game with engaging game play and story. So try it out if you like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Frangipani 1 - 2 (h)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)