Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

Cinderella Did Not Leave Her Shoe - Side Stories IV Part 2

 

pinterest

Confession Part 2: 

‘During your time in the territory, my friends told me that Lord Eugene treated you badly...’

“‘Don’t touch me, and don’t talk to me.’ Lord Eugene told her as he pushed her away.” Matt, a stable hand had told Julius over dinner. They were having thin potato soup with the dry bread.

“Is that really true?” I asked in surprise.

I couldn’t imagine a gentle lady who didn’t look down on servants would be treated like this.

“What is worrying you? Have you fallen for her? Hahaha!” Matt said shaking the spoon at us, “It’s true.”

“Mr Rooney, the coachman, told me he would shake her hand off when people weren’t around. He wouldn’t even give a hand when the lady tripped. If a lovely lady like that held me, I would never wash my arm. The ‘Prince’s’ dislike of women is strong as ever.”

Though Matt was laughing, I couldn’t join him.

To not even help when she fell, even if he didn’t like women, he didn’t need to be so despicable.

I squeezed the empty jar in my pocket.

If the young Miss married Eugene…I felt depressed thinking of her fate, she would have to endure such treatment for the rest of her life.

Eugene was called ‘Prince’ in the territories because the Duke wanted it. His beautiful appearance was enough for that, but he was such a mannerless person. The duke was too indulgent, his tutors didn’t teach him anything other than his studies and the Duchess never resided in the same manor the Duke was in.

No adults ever told him off. In Jiu Village, if a child did something wrong, their elders would scold them. Once the child had reflected on his actions, his head would be stroked and he would be given a hug.

Lord Eugene did not have that.

In such a luxurious manor, it was always cold, even when all the lights were on and the fires were lit.

“The young Miss would never be happy.” I said with a sigh out loud.

Matty laughed in ridicule.

“What can be done?” Lau, a boy from another village, said, “Aristocrats don’t marry for happiness, they marry to unite their houses. Once married, they can live separately, he will take a mistress and she can do as she pleases.” (Zuben: Or in Eugene’s case, get a boy toy)

“It can be done.” The cook said as she finished her soup, “One of them needs to die or cause a scandal. If you want to help the young Miss, you have to get ‘Prince’ to end his engagement.”

“How can we get Prince to break end the engagement?”

“Does he have a mistress or a girl he likes?”

“He doesn’t like women, remember?’

We started to discuss; it was greatly entertaining. But we couldn’t come up with anything until someone banged on the table,

“What if the problem is not that he doesn’t like women, but likes men?”

That could be it! But Lau shook his head,

‘Have you seen it or heard anything?’

‘Well, no. It’s just an idea. We are trying to help a kind lady. A person who talks to servants kindly, and cares about the people even though Lord Eugene doesn’t like her.’

I understood happiness was different for each person, but I could imagine how unhappy the Miss would be if she married Eugene.

“Then how about the ‘young lady’ here goes after Eugene?” Matt said with a sly look at me as he stroked his stubbled chin.

I tried to laugh it off, but realised he looked serious.

“You could become the prince’s type; not a woman but not a man. Wouldn’t that work?”

Realisation dawned…

With the help of everyone, we thoroughly investigated Eugene’s tastes. I had grown out my hair with the intention of selling it for money, so I looked really feminine when it was untied. I tried to dye it red to disguise it, but it came out orange. I put on dresses.

The servants co-operated in part for fun and in part for revenge, and in a blink of an eye, the slender little beautiful girl “Julia” was born.

I learned feminine gestures and etiquette, and how to moisten my eyes and look cute in the event of trouble. When I felt I was ready, I approached Lord Eugene at a place he liked to go. Amongst a gaggle of girls, he did not doubt I was a girl.

But I heard that two of my friends were also moving behind the scenes…let’s not talk about that… 

Lord Eugene did not like feminine women, so he really took to Julius as Julia. Their hastily prepared blade fit well.

‘I convinced Lord Eugene to jilt you at the ball, if he wanted to continue with me. I was supposed to disappear soon after.’

Julius said looking up at me, before dropping his gaze, his expression changed. He looked like he was trying to endure, before he took a deep breath and said,

‘He trapped me in a house.’

‘I couldn’t get in touch with my friends, and they caused strange rumours in the city – they misunderstood. I’m really sorry.’

Ah, the strange messengers.

Volker nodded.

‘I’m really sorry about what happened at the theatre. While Lord Eugene was chatting to his acquaintance, I overheard that you had attended. I wanted to speak to you, but then I saw you with the General…looking so beautiful and happy…’

He had gotten angry.

Even if they didn’t know, for someone who was having a hard time on behalf of another person, to that person happy, it would make definitely make them angry.

I felt apologetic to Julius. I was about to say the words, but Volker squeezed my hand. I looked up at him, and he shook his head.

I shouldn’t apologise?

I rose out of my chair and went round the table. I crouched before Julius because his head was bowed, and took his hand.

‘Thank you for all you have done for me. Thanks to you, I am living happily as General Brennan’s wife.’

Julius sniffed, making his shoulders rise and fall.

‘You’re happy now?’ He said tearfully.

‘Truly very happy.’ I said with a bright smile to express my gratitude.

Without him, I would not have been able to live like this. I would still be standing next to Eugene with dead doll like eyes.

Thank you so much.

Suddenly Julius’ golden eyes were filled with tears, and beautiful drops spilled from the corners.

‘I am happy that you’re happy.’

After gathering himself, he wiped the tears and gave us a forced smile. (Zuben: What did Eugene do to you, man?)

 

Observation diary – An exchange diary between Julius' weird friends: 

Day 1

A few of us asked the butler about work in the mansion at the royal capital. But he was suddenly suspicious and asked why we all wanted to work there.

Day 2

I chatted with a maid. She said it is not bad there if the maid is hardworking, or you’re married. But they don’t tolerate relationships – the couple will be dismissed.

Day 3

Spoke to the merchants. No gifts are ordered for women…nor men.

Day 4

Nothing of note. I did speak to the tutor. He attends classes but doesn’t care.

Day 5

He likes training with the knights. He is especially close to the second son of a Count and the third son of a Marquis. Hates sweet foods and sweet scents.

Day 6

I was caught by the butler and made to spill everything. Though, I told him I didn’t have anything, he did give me some information. Thank you!

Day 7

He doesn’t like blonde hair. The young lady needs to have her hair dyed. (Black is too expensive. We’ll make it red)

Day 8

He doesn’t like big breasts. What’s wrong with them? (Opinions don’t have to be reported)

Day 9

With the cooperation of the butler, we are making great progress. Thank you! (You’re welcome. Please feel at ease)

Day 10

A neat, hard-working, healthy young girl seems to be a good plan to go with. Can the young lady be…neat? This would be surprisingly tough, won’t it? (It depends on the preparation)

Day 11

We get to work at the capital. The butler is worried, so he’s coming along. (I am worried, so I will direct you. Please don’t get into costume before we get there)

Day 12

He seems to like a woman who is covered totally. After all, he hates big breasts, and like planks. Personally, I like bonkyubon. What should we do about the Adam’s apple? (You don’t have to write your personal taste. We can hide the Adam’s apple with a choker)

Day 13

First day of the mission in the capital:

He seems to especially hate women who use high handed words. A woman with too many accessories. Sly women. Red lipstick. Kitten like voice. Isn’t a little too specific? (No comment)

Day 14

I heard him tell the count’s son he didn’t want to marry a woman, but he had no choice but to continue the family line. If the person himself is not enthusiastic, would he be able to do things?! (Don’t rush out and do whatever you want. I’ll take away the snacks.)

Ah I’m sorry. Please, don’t take away the snacks

(Then you need to be careful)

Yes!!!

Day 15

He goes to the castle library once a week. Why doesn’t he attack an intelligent woman who likes reading?

(It’s fine. Julius reads a lot)

Day 16

I heard him tell the count’s son that he should he attentive to his family! Attentive?! Even he can’t do that, and he’s telling his friend to be attentive. Be attentive to your fiancée!

(Demanding for attributes he doesn’t have.)

Day 17

He likes pumpkin

(I agree)

Day 18

I heard him say that he couldn't forgive men with mistresses. It should be only one woman!

(I agree)

Day 19

He does not like red dresses! No red dresses!

(We’ll go for pale dresses)

(Zuben: He’s a twat)

Day 20

A woman cried near him saying she was annoyed. She looked like she was trying to endure it. Fake crying is a no.

(Julius is prohibited from fake crying)

……

………

‘Hey, butler.’

‘What is it, Lau?’

‘I think the “prince’s” hobby seems to be avoiding a specific person. Maybe that is just my assumption.’

‘…No comment.’

‘Oh, maybe that kind of thing…’

‘I don’t like servants who are too good at guessing.’

‘Then, you must hate me.’

‘…’

How pitiful!

Index Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Frangipani 1 - 2 (h)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)