Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

Please Be More Serious Chapters 67 na 68

Kikki-K Stationery


Chapter 67 - Dream trip at home

On May 10th, Tingting Yuli413 published a blog post announcing she was joining the Show competition.
She wrote:
When I was younger, my dream was to become a traveller. My father asked me what I thought a traveller was. I replied that a traveller was a person who visited many places and saw many beautiful scenery and then shared those scenes with others. Fortunately, I have had the chance to be to many places and seen many beautiful scenes, heard many stories, but I haven’t become a traveller. On my birthday, my boyfriend gave me stationery, my father gave me a camera, my brother gave me a laptop. They told me to fulful my dreams. So I have been carefully sorting through the places I’ve been, the pictures I have taken, the stories I have heard…and I hesitate. Which would be good?
Reading the other participants’ proposals, their locations and stories are very exciting. I didn’t know where I wanted to go. Until today. Today is mother’s day and my boyfriend’s birthday. This day has become one of great significance to me, I have been given a great energy borne of happiness.
So, the place I choose to go is the city I live. I haven’t encountered thrilling things and have no trials and tribulations. My life is very ordinary, but I see beautiful things everyday. So I decided that even though I am not travelling, I still have dreams. I want to share the beauty I see everyday with you. This is the traveller of life.(Zuben: snore*)
She accompanied the post with a photo of her notebooks, her new camera and the laptop. Her new notebook was open and written in it was May 10th with cute paper lace tape to decorate.
To do:
Departure everyday!
Harvest everyday!
Sing up for the Dream Trip completion.
Jiāyóu! Jiāyóu! Jiāyóu!!!!
A peace hand sign was drawn at the bottom.
After she published the post, she went to sign up for the competition, created an avatar and bound her blog account so that her blog posts could show up on the event platform. The platform automatically sent her a link she could post on her blog.
She posted it up.
She watched her name appear on the participants’ list.
She went to read the other competitors’ blogs. They had updated in the past few days. The one she was most interested in was “Kōng qìqiú”’s trip to Greece. Just as she finished reading, Yufei called her.
‘What kind of ghost do you have? Yesterday, we gave you so many suggestions. Why did you decide to stay local?’ Yufei asked angrily.
Yin Ting calmly replied, ‘I think being local is very good, I have lots of things to share. And it’s my site.’
After Yufei hung up, her phone rang again. It was Zhengqing. He was at the hospital with her father. When she picked up, she could hear her father in the background,
‘Let me talk to her about it.’
Zhengqing sighed and in a helpless tone said, ‘I’ll give the phone to your dad, he wants to speak to you.’
‘What is with this choice?’ Guohao said once he had the phone to his ear, ‘It’s not like you can’t buy your own ticket, or book your own hotel.’
‘It doesn’t matter that I am sick. If you had chosen a foreign country, there would still be the draws, the planning before you go. I’ll be out of the hospital by then.’
‘Why did you choose to stay in the city? What can you talk about here? Is it those little roadside flowers and snail on the leaves?’ Guohao said shouting angrily down the speaker. She could go wherever she wanted, but she was so stubborn. (Zuben: Like father like daughter?)
Yin Ting laughed, ‘There is nothing wrong with the roadside flowers and the snails on the leaves. I feel that they are dreamlike. Dad, everyone misunderstood my dream. Why does it have to be far away?’
Guohao sputtered in surprise.
‘A lot of people have never left their cities in their lives but they’ve never let go of their dreams. Although the idea of a faraway land is full of mysterious beauty and charm, but everyone is looking so far away and they forget their own surroundings.’ (Zuben: Grass is greener)
Guohao tried another tack, ‘Are you an old person? Don’t you always say; why is the sun so bright? Isn’t it something to aim for?’
‘The flight to the sun is already full, no more seats.’ Yin Ting said with a laugh, ‘Do you know why the earth has flowers, grass water and air? Because it is the most sustainable planet to live.’
(Zuben: In other words, only when it suits. Human nature)
So sometimes the sun isn’t good enough? What was with this chicken dumpling logic? (Zuben: I know right)
Guohao thrust the phone back to Zhengqing, ‘You talk to her!’
As he was about to talk to Yin Ting, Guohao asked, ‘Can she amend her registration?’
‘I’ll talk to her first, try and be calm.’ Zhengqing said soothing the older man’s feathers.
‘So tell me about it.’ He said to Yin Ting
‘There are so many good things happening around me. I don’t want to follow the crowd. I can’t fight the popularity of those bloggers, they have their own style and if I do the same, finding a far location, telling a story, it’s useless, it will be forgotten. I don’t want that. I know I can’t win. So I want to do something I like, just like I have done before, just like I would do after.’
Zhengqing was quiet seemingly pondering.
‘I am greedy and I want to tell more stories. Don’t worry I will talk to Father, its not because he’s ill or I cant bear to be away from him. I did it for me. I want to do things that make me feel moved. I don’t want to be a competitor. They show them, I show me.’
‘And I also thought the main purpose was to advertise your shoes. Your positioning is closer to the people; you may not want to take a high end route. So we should be thinking of capturing the larger market; for example, white collar workers, young people. People like me who can go to Greece or Antarctica aren't many, if everyone in the streets wear Xiu shoes, they'll find a common beauty, this is the brand effect. Right?’
Zhengqing laughed, Yin Ting became a bit embarrassed. ‘I know if I chose the business angle I will be laughed at by you. But I’m just trying to organise it in a language you understand,’
‘Yes, yes.’ Zhengqing said.
‘Anyway I know what I’m doing, you can be rest assured. This is a brand created for my mother, it’s something of my father and my mother. You gave me such an opportunity, I cherish it very much. I’m not being lazy by picking our city.’
Zhengqing sighed and said, ‘Well, since you’ve thought about it well, if you need help, let me know.’
‘Alright,’ she said. Then her voice lowered, ‘How come you’re in the hospital?’
They had all left together.
‘You father isn’t agreeing to tomorrow’s test, so the doctor called me. I came back to talk to your dad. I went to your twitter page and saw your post.’
‘Oh. Go home early, you have work tomorrow. I will be with him for the tests tomorrow.’
‘Alright, I’ll be leaving soon.’ He said calmly.
When he hung up, Guohao asked, ‘Did you persuade her? Did you?’
‘Xiaoting has a plan.’ He said without arguing.
Guohao watched him for a time, then said, ‘Fine, fine, you can go.’ Zhengqing was henpecked, almost like him.
‘Alright, I’m off. Xiaoting will be coming tomorrow morning. You must do the tests. Don’t be stubborn. If you are, Xiaoting will be hard on you.’
‘Fine fine, are you an old man? Go away. I want to sleep.’ Guohao said as he slipped down to the pillow. Zhenging pulled the quilt over him and closed the window.
As he went out of the hospital room, Guohao muttered loudly, ‘Why did they call you? I have a son. I have a daughter.’
Zhengqing laughed and bid him goodnight. He left gently closing the door.
Guohao stared at the door, continuing to chant, ‘I do have a son and a daughter.’ Perhaps, soon there will be one more; a son-in-law.
Xiuping, probably I will not come to join your company so soon. I will treat him well and soon, I will bring our grandchild to see you.
The next day, Yin Ting went to the hospital to keep her father company. She called Zhengqing to update him that her dad had been well behaved and gone through all his tests, and did not throw any tantrums. He had also eaten a large bowl of porriage and told her it was a bundle of unhappiness.
Zhengqing laughed, and promised to come and play chess with Guohao after work.
Yin Ting told this to her dad.
‘He pouted. He said you dare come with your terrible technique.’
Zhengqing laughed.
In the afternoon, Yin Shi came and took over and Yin Ting went out.
After work, Zhengqing browsed Yin Ting’s blog and saw a new post. She had posted two pictures of the flowershop next to the hospital.
The first picture was of a doll-like three year old girl carrying a bouquet of flowers. Yin Ting wrote: This little lady told me her mom had just given birth to her sister, so she and her grandmother had come to by flowers for her mother. She loves her mother and her little sister. The young girl and her grandmother gave me permission to take this picture and post in on the net. They are very happy to share their joy with everyone. I wish them happiness forever.
The second picture was of a middle-aged man carrying a beautifully wrapped basket of fruit smiling broadly at the camera. Yin Ting wrote: This uncle had a resection of a tumour, it was very successful. The basket of fruit was for the nurses and doctors that took care of him to say a heartfelt thank you to them. He gave me permission to post the picture on the internet so he can thank the hospital staff openly.
Underneath the pictures, she continued: My dad is also in the hospital, he is unhappy because he doesn’t like being there, but my boyfriend told him; he had come to the hospital because he had a discomfort, he had come to the hospital to cure his illness, therefore, taking away the discomfort. The hospital did not cause his discomfort. This is the right logic.
Life isn’t permanent, there is sickness and death. Everyday in the hospital, there are many sad partings, but there are also countless joys born there.
The miracle of life, dislay of professionalism, hard work, strength bravery, as well as love and care.
Today’s question: Why do flowers have fragrance?
When Zhengqing got to the end of the post, he found he had been smiling all the while. He suddenly felt her decision was right. It was Ying Ting, even if she went somewhere far, she would probably ramble on about these kind of little things. No soul stirring. No twists. No dog blood melodrama. No commercial value that could be hyped.
But this was Yin Ting.
He went to Yin Ting’s personal page to see her journey plan.
Everyday start.
Every day harvest.
Zhengqing called the Xiu team and asked them to put up “Tingting Yuli 413” homepage on the event’s recommendation page. He thought it had no commercial value.
When he helped push Yin Ting through the back door. He voted for her. After a moment’s thought he called his secretary, ‘Tell everyone to participate in the Xiu activity. After all, it’s a group brand.’
His secretary was very excited, ‘Yes Qiu Zong, we have long been organised. The first thing we are going to do is vote for Tingting Yuli 413.’
An IP address was limited to one vote a day, they would absolutely not be wasted. The bandwith requirement was large, so voting was limited, and they also allowed voting from mobile phones.
Zhengqing coughed, a little embarrassed to be seen through. After hanging up, he called Mao Huizhu,
‘Zoe, Yin Ting is participating in our event. Vote for her.’
‘Yes, I know.’ She said without hesitation, ‘We only have seven people but the rate is 100%! That’s the first thing we’ll do when we get to work.’
How is this now the first thing they are doing when they get to work? Zhengqing suddenly felt he was lacking as a boyfriend.
But he is the Vice President who was competent at his job. The first thing to open when he gets to work is his mailbox and to read through files.
Zhengqing went to look at Yin Ting’s votes; it was really low. He couldn’t bear to look at it.
‘Xiaoting votes are climbing!’ Huizhu said cheerfully,’ There is still a lot of time, the gap will certainly close. We will support her.’
He smiled and said, ‘Thanks.’
When Zhengqing rang off, Huizhu returned to her computer. She found herself smiling at the words on Yin Ting’s blog. There was a knock on her door, Huizhu looked up to see Wu Fei,
‘What’s up?’ she asked.
‘You didn’t leave the office all afternoon.’ He said as he entered. He reached for her glass and there was still half the water left, ‘You haven’t drunk any water either. There is still water left in here, you should finish it.’
‘Oh,’ Huizhu drank the rest of the glass down.
Wu Fei took the empty glass and said, ‘I’ll refill il.’
‘So who were you chatting with so happily?’ he asked.
‘Zhengqing ah.’
‘Oh,’ he replied his eyes downcast.
‘Xiaoting updated her blog.’
‘Oh.’ He replied as he began to leave her office with her glass in his hand. (Zuben: Are you going to do an indirect kiss)
‘Why do flowers have fragrance?’ she asked.
After what seemed like a lot of hard thinking, ‘Because it’s fragrant.’ He replied.
Huizhu laughed.
Wu Fei smiled. Now that she had gone independent, she was a lot more cheerful. In the past, she gave off an air of confindence and intensity. But now it was self confidence with calm.
Huizhu looked up to see Wu Fei was still standing there.
‘What’s the matter?’ she asked.
‘Nothing.’ He replied. He left and returned with a full glass for Huizhu.
‘Thank you,’ she said to him offhandedly.
Wu Fei said nothing and returned to his desk.
Why are flowers so fragrant? He asked himself. He went to look at Yin Ting’s latest blog post. He sat back and thought more about it. Then an idea popped into his head, he quickly replied to the blog post. He wrote: This is another form of beauty.
After work was over, he returned to Yin Ting’s blog. His post has been liked many times and was at the top of popular replies, and there were many praising his answer, and many reposts of his reply.
Wu Fei was surprised by this. Huizhu burst out of her office and said to him, ‘Wow, Wu Fei! I didn’t think you were this sentimental.’ Then she returned to her office.
Wu Fei groaned and laughed. She really had become cheerful. How many times did she meet up with Yin Ting, that she was now infected?
Yin Ting was cute, no question, but he preferred Mao Huizhu. He liked her strong indepence, her strong sense of justice, and her talent. Everyone has different versions of beauty. He looked at his watch, and poked his head through Huizhu’s door.
‘What are you going to eat tonight? Do you want me to order something?’
‘No need, I’m not working overtime.’ She replied as she shut down her computer.
‘Shall we go out and eat noodles.’ He asked. Always eating by himself was getting boring.
‘Can’t. I’m having dinner with Xiaoting tonight. She doesn’t have to been in hospital with her dad. After, we are going to the mall to buy Show shoes.’ She said with a laugh.
‘I see, alright.’
‘See you tomorrow.’ She said as she picked up her bags and left.
Wu Fei watched her figure leave and suddenly had a thought; he could say that she was seeing her off. He rushed out but Huizhu was already in the elevator, and it was empty. Wu Fei was disappointed.
But he decided not to let it get him down. There was no hurry.
Zhengqing was on the phone to Yin Ting, ‘So you’re going on a date with someone else, not me?’
She laughed.
He had spent the day pondering on how to increase her popularity. Even if she doesn’t get to the finals, as long as she squeezed in to the preliminaries.
‘Well, have fun.’ He said, then he will continue research activities.
His angel was so gifted, she should win.

Flower Crown Cat by Hakashi-Arakawa

Rose Tinted:

Huizhu and Yin Ting went to the mall to by Xiu shoes. The two women happily tried on shoes and took pictures of themselves. Yin Ting also took photos of the shopping assistant lady, and several pairs of shoes she liked.
She posted them on her blog. She wrote: I made a special trip to the Xiu shop with my friend. Each of us bought a new pair of shoes. My friend is a strong woman very different from me. She is a professional. In her last job because she didn’t want to go against her morals, she chose the ‘more desirable to insist on losing’ path. Now, she has started her own business, she had just made her first sale and signed new contracts. Her company isn’t big, but she had great zeal and is full of confidence for the future.
Sometimes this was the way it is, even change can be beautiful.
The shopping assistant was very young, she told me this was her first job. She’s been doing it for six months. Everyday standing, smiling talking. Some customers her difficult, some are straightforward, some customers just come to browse and not buy anything, some try on lots of shoes and don’t buy. I asked her who had been her most impressive customer. She told me with was a husband and wife who were pregnant. He had brought his wife to buy shoes, but the wife thought the shoes were expensive and was hesistant, insisting they go and buy shoes in the market. But the husband told her not to worry about the price, she worked hard and she should have a good pair of shoes. (Zuben: There is no price on keeping your feet well) At last, they bought a pair of shoes. As they left, the wife said to his shopping assistant: “You worked hard, thank you.”
The shopping assistant said she didn’t know why but these words touched her. It happened in the two weeks ago, but she remembers it well. So I asked her, is the work tiring? She thought about it and smiled, she said the work is very hard, but if makes her feel satisfied. I thought she had a beautiful smile.
She agreed to let me take her picture and put it on my blog. She tidied up her appearance before I took the picture, she was in the company uniform and she must present a good image. I think she is great. Every girl who tries their hardest is great and very beautiful.
Yin Ting linked her new blog post to the competition website, she was surprised to find out that in addition to the real time update list, she was on the official recommendation page. She quickly called Zhengqing, ‘Were you asleep? I have been recommended!’
‘Congratulation, you are only there for one day. They only select the really good blog posts to display. It will change tomorrow.’
Yin Ting laughed, ‘You actually helped me get put on, didn’t you? Please Be Serious can actually use the back door!’
Zhengqing chuckled, ‘You sound like you’re in high spirits. Are you having fun?’
‘Having fun. I took lots of pictures today; my theme today is Xiu shoes. Helping you advertise.In a few days I want to write a real ‘Xiu’ story.’
Zhengqing didn’t say anything so she said, ‘Tomorrow, it’ll be the same. I’ll go to the hospital in the morning, and then go and take pictures in the afternoon with gege comes to take over. Lets have a meal together tomorrow evening.  Will you be free?’
‘Yes,’ there wasn’t time, but he would make time.
‘The doctor said Dad is improving. He has another test tomorrow, if there are no problems, he will be discharged the day after tomorrow, I will strictly implement his diet plan. I haven’t been good with taking care of him.’
‘He looked alright when I went to see him.’ Zhengqing had gone to the hospital to see Yin Guohao, he had been in a good mood. There hadn’t been any major episodes, so he had been relieved.
‘I think dad being hospitalised is a good thing. We were able to confirm that it wasn’t a major health issue, so we are all relieved. And it’s a caution for us to pay attention our health. Therefore, I think it’s a good thing.’
Zhengqing smiled, in her eyes, everything was a good thing.
‘I thought of a way today.’ Zhengqing said, ‘to let you quickly gather popularity to win. But I don’t think you would agree.’
‘What way?’ Yin Ting said, her tone curious.
Zhengqing was silent.
‘You know sometimes complaints are not bad things. Sometimes, these things gather people’s attention. Therefore in business, sometimes they use fake complaints made by the government. The attitude is good. After accepting the complain, it is handled and processed by a third party and the public is informed that the product is verified and free of problems. The incidence is used to prove service quality and product quality is excellent.’
‘So in short,’ she replied, ‘you want to find a PR player to blacken me on the internet and a PR saviour to rescue me to create hype for popularity?’
‘About right.’
‘Isn’t this a competition to find a dream?’ she asked a bit dumbfounded.
‘No, it’s an advertisement activity.’
‘Isnt beauty found everywhere?’
‘Some people will be able to stay beautiful.’
A realisation came to her and she smiled, ‘You’ve used this trick at the mall.’
‘Yes.’ He admitted bluntly,
Yin Ting was silent for a while, then she said, ‘I don’t want this.’
‘I thought not.’
‘I know I haven’t been to a day of class properly, nor do I have any idea of marketing. I know I am idealistic, and my fans aren’t many, but, I don’t care if I get a high place, I’m not bothered if I don’t make it to the semi finals. If I agree to what you’re suggesting, I’ll be sorry. If you find pay someone to attack me on the internet, even if I know it isn’t true, I will be sad. And if I won, I won’t be happy about it. I don’t want that.’
‘I understand.’
‘I get that you have strategy you use in your business, which is fine. As long as you are not a black-hearted businessman, and treat customers well with sincerity and operate with high quality, you can go on forever.’ She said.
Zhengqing laughed, the sound made her blush. She mumbled, ‘Well I don’t know what I am talking about. Why do I have to teach an elite workaholic business?’
Zhengqing laughed even more.
‘What is funny?’ Yin Ting complained.
‘I’m not laughing.’
‘So, you’re crying?’
Zhengqing laughed even harder, ‘No. I think you’re cute trying to comfort me.’
‘Oh.’ Was she trying to comfort him? Obviously not. She grimaced at the phone.
They chatted some more and hung up.
Zhengqing lay on his bed unable to sleep thinking about Yin Ting’s words. Her reaction was just as he thought she would. She was very idealistic, and everything was good in her eyes. He really liked her, he liked her so much. He closed his eyes, but his head was filled with her. In the end, he could not help but call her again.
‘Xiaoting.’
‘What’s happened?’ she asked.
‘I suddenly had a thought…’he said but did not complete his thought.
‘What thought?’
‘When the event is over, lets get married.’ He really hoped she would be nearby when he missed her. And he missed her so much every day.
Yin Ting was silent for a few seconds. Zhengqing became nervous, so he asked, ‘Are you alright?’
‘Mister ah please!’ She said with a mocking sigh.
‘Okay…’
‘Which man have you seen call his girlfriend because he couldn’t sleep in the middle of the night, and suddenly say to his girlfriend: Well I suddenly I had a thought we should get married?’
He hadn’t but then he’d never seen any other man’s proposal before.
‘Do you sometimes think of something work related at odd hours and then call the relevant colleage?’
‘Yes.’ He replied.
Yin Tin smiled and wrinkled her nose, ‘Mr Zhengqing, when you wanted to date you sent a photo. When you want to propose, you phone at night. Do you think your strategy is appropriate?’
‘That was what I thought and I wanted to tell you.’
It wasn’t sweet talk but she felt it was very touching and memorable. She buried her face in her pillow and said, ‘So you think you can propose marriage without a ring or spending any money. The girl would be foolish to agree.’
That sounded reasonable, he thought.
‘Even if the girl wants to agree, there is no way she can jump excitedly infront of the guy. How foolish is the boy to say such a thing across the phone.’
‘That…’ made sense.
‘Of course not.’
‘Hao,’ he said admitting his mistake, ‘I will improve next time.’
After he hung up, Yin Ting pulled up her quilt to cover her fave and screamed happily. Stupid Serious. Stupid. His romantic cells are certainly stunted. She could never have imagined someone would call her up on the phone and say, ‘After the event, let’s get married.’
What the hell!
But why was he so cute? Really cute. Please Be More Serious was so silly.
She rolled left and right and back again in excitement. She rolled for a long while, then finally could not hold back, she switched her light to write in the love diary. She must write this event down, and wait to bring it out when they are old. It would be very interesting to bring it up.
She conscientiously drew her mobile phone in her hand and the lace of her night gown, she drew a girl’s surprised face and some pink heart bubbles. Then wrote up the conversation. She read it over several times and could not help but laugh.
Just then, her doorbell rang. Yin Ting was startled, how come there was someone at her door so late.
Her dad was in hospital and her brother was at the bar, she was the only one home.
Yin Ting was alert, but did not move.
The bell rang again.
She put on her house coat and picked up her mobile phone. She would look in the cat’s eye. If anything was wrong, she would call the security, then her brother and Zhengqing.
She hadn’t reached her door yet, when her phone rang. It was Zhengqing, she rejoiced and answered,
‘Please Be More Serious, someone is ringing my doorbell.’
‘Open the door.’ He replied.
She was stunned.
‘It’s me, open the door.’
She was so surprised she flew to the door and opened it.
Zhengqing stood at her doorstep.
‘Why are you here? What happened?’ She asked.
‘You did say things must be said face to face.’
What? Proposal?
‘It's late, so the flower shop is closed as well as the jewellery store.’ He said as he bent down. At his feet was a cat carrier.  He opened it and pulled out Miao Dada, wearing a large flowery dress that Yin Ting had bought.
‘Since there are no flowers, will this do for now?’
Miao dada gave a ‘meow’, his expression was very innocent. He made Miao wear flowery clothes to replace real flowers?
Yin Ting was still in a daze, Zhengqing cuddled the cat and with his trademark serious face he said, ‘Miss Yin Ting, when the event is over, let’s get married.’
‘Meow~~~’

pngtree.com

Comments

  1. Wow, so excited!
    Thank you for the update :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha so cuuuttttttteee! borrowed my bf's mail! ahaha.. aikalee

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Frangipani 1 - 2 (h)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)