Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

Please Be More Serious Chapters 51 & 52

pcwallart.com


Chapter 51 – Did you miss me?

Zhenqing remained impassive as he said camly, ‘Print another copy, please.’
‘Yes,’ she said.
She quickly returned with a fresh print.

Zhengqing swept through the document once more and firmly signed his own name. He handed the folder back to his secretary, his expression closed, impassive and serious. His secretary dare not break out in a smile. 
When she got to the door, she took a glance back at him and saw him run a hand tiredly across his face. She left the office, closed the door and burst out in silent laughter; causing everyone to wonder what was going on.
Soon, the whole company knew. Their perfect vice-president made a mistake.
A man in love is really cute, ah!
That afternoon he got a call from Yin Ting;
‘I heard you did something cute today,’ she said brightly.
Zhengqing frowned blackly; his intuition told him that she knew about the matter. She was a thousand miles away; how come?
‘When are you getting back?’ he asked darkly ignoring her question.
‘You actually wrote my name instead of signing yours; too cute!’ Yin Ting said ignoring his question, exposing his embarrassment.
His face was hot, and he wanted to argue, but instead he asked, ‘Did you place an informer in my company or did you bribe my secretary?’
Yin Ting laughed, ‘Yufei told me,’
That pregnant woman was not at work, how did she get the gossip?!
‘Her father’s secretary told her.’
Wen Yi’s secretary was upstrairs!
Zhengqing sighed and propped his forehead on his hand, ‘Do I need to eliminate a potential informant?’
Yin Ting laughed, ‘Regent[1], you’re so cute.’
‘Don’t flatter me, when are you coming back?’ he said. His heart was roaring, how could she decide that ‘cute’ was an appropriate praise for a proper gentleman like himself?
‘Did you keep the document? Send me a pic. It would be my proof that you treasure me, I will have it framed.’
‘I am not taking a picture of confidential company documents,’ he said indignantly.
‘Just the signature bit, hmmm?’
‘It is now in the shredder,’ he replied. Truthfully, it was in his drawer so he would not have to look at his embarrassing mistake.
‘When are you coming back?’ he asked again gruffly.
But Yin Ting wasn’t nervous; she laughed and said, ‘Tomorrow.’
‘Really?’ Such a good thing, Zhengqing was afraid to believe in it. There might be another obstacle, ‘Will we be able to meet?’
‘We can meet, ah,’ she replied, ‘I have a friend’s wedding party to go to. She and her husband are going to on honeymoon to Greece next week. So they have arranged a banquet for their friends. We will go together.’
Zhengqing was disgruntled, ‘So you’re only coming back early for your friend’s party?’
‘I am not. Dad originally wanted to come back the day after tomorrow, but I convinced him that I needed to be there for my friend’s joyous occasion. That’s why he agreed.’
(Zuben: how is this not…)
Zhengqing’s heart was sour, ‘Doesn’t that mean you came back early for your friend?’
‘It is still a day early.’
Zhengqing pursed his lips, he wanted to ask why it wasn’t for him she was coming back ahead of time, but he endured, he didn’t want to seem petty.
‘So are you going to come with me?’ she asked tentatively.
Zhenqing hesitated; he did not like lively occasions and he did not know Yin Ting’s friends. Last time, at Yufei and Yingjie’s party, he felt no meaning.
‘Come with me,’ she coaxed, ‘I want to introduce you to my friends. I want to show off my boyfriend to everyone.’
‘What time does your train arrive?’ he asked.
‘Just after seven,’
‘Seven PM?’
‘Yes,’
Zhengqing frowned, they wouldn’t have much time together before they would have to go to her friends party. He was very upset.
‘Fine, I will go,’ he said, if only to see her. If she went by herself it would be a waste. In addition, she wasn’t good on trains, so he worried that her spirits would be low when she arrived and there would be no one to drive her home after the party. So he will go with her so his mind could be at ease.
‘Yay! Very good,’ she said happily, ‘Can I also ask you to buy a gift and card for me? They only told me about the party yesterday because they married hastily. I'd have prepared something myself,’
Zhengqing sighed inwardly and asked, ‘What would you like me to buy?’
She told him and he wrote down her specifications.
‘On the card, write: Happy Married Life, grow old well together and write your name and mine. Actually just sign your name I will write mine,’
‘Alright,’
‘Or you can wait for me and we can sign together, I am scared that you will write the wrong name on the card,’ she said laughing.
‘Haha, very funny,’ he replied drily.
‘Yes,’
Zhengqing rubbed his forehead, this feeling of being teased made him feel a tad helpless. It was a bit sad and a bit sweet.
That night, Zhengqing did not leave work early. He had dinner in the office, finished up some more work, then proceed to leave. He was going to go to the mall first before heading home.
The elevator doors opened and Qin Wen Yi and three other Executives were in the elevator. Zhengqing stepped in and they greeted each other.
The doors closed and the elevator made its was down
Wen Yi asked, ‘Zhengqing ah, Xiaoting hasn’t come back home yet?’
Zhengqing nearly chocked on his saliva, but he coughed and replied, ‘She says she will be back tomorrow,’
‘Oh, tomorrow will come soon, and you can see her,’ Wen Yi said jocularly, and the other three execs laughed.
Zhengqing felt a blush creep up his cheeks. He kept his eyes on the elevator panel counting the floors as they went down.
Wen Yi patted his shoulder, ‘A good man with a good home, will be successful in his career.’
Zhengqing agreed awkwardly. He thought of Yin Guohao, who gave it all up at the height of his career. Was it because he did not have a good home?
The elevator came to its stop; before Wen Yi left he said to Zhengqing, ‘Get Xiaoting to come and let’s have dinner sometime.’
‘Yes,’ Zhengqing said. The execs smiled knowingly at him, Zhengqing smiled back somewhat irritably.
As he drove, he suddenly thought that this feeling was a good thing; though he was somewhat embarrassed, but everyone was teasing because they recognised that he and Yin Ting were a pair. (Ziben: No it’s because you’re usually so serious and straight-laced, it is amusing to see you ‘all of a doodah’)
The world knew what Yin Ting was his girlfriend. Soon she would be his wife. The thought name him very happy.
Going to Yin Ting’s friend’s party is not too bad, he decided. Though he surely would find it boring, he would forebear.
When he bought the present, he sent Yin Ting a picture and called her to confirm,
‘Very good,’ she said, ‘I am glad I could depend on you for this important task,’
Zhengqing laughed. He really loved this feeling. He wasn’t just good for dating.
The next day, Zhengqing dressed with even more care than usual, (Zuben: Not the Asian staple: The shiny silver-grey suit, I hope) hoping to leave a good impression on Yin Ting’s friends. After work, he drove to Yin Ting’s father’s house and waited for her, they must be having dinner together. While he waited, he got a phone call from an unfamiliar number. He answered,
‘Uncle please be more serious, it is Xiao Shitou!’
‘Xiao Shitou!’ he called his heard scared, ‘Is something wrong?’ he had given her the number incase of emergency, he hadn’t thought the emergency would occur so quickly.
Shi Liang laughed, ‘No trouble, I am in the teacher’s office, she allowed me to phone you. I wanted to say thank you to Shushu.’
‘Why are you thanking me?’ Zhengqing did not know he’d done anything recently worthy of being thanked.
‘That grandmother that sold eggcakes – she met a good person,’ Shi Liang said joyously, ‘The day after you came, Tingting-jie called to ask about the situation, and then she put it on her blog. A lot of people came to buy grandmother’s egg cakes, so grandmother can finish early and go and look after grandfather. Today, grandmother waited for me at the gates to thank me. She said that a noodle selling uncle is giving her some space in his kiosk so she can sell there out of the weather. When someone comes to buy noodles, they may also want eggcakes as well. She doesn’t have to worry much anymore. Shushu, isn’t that noddle-shushu a good man?’
‘Yes, ah,’ Zhengqing said smiling, ‘he is a good man.’ He would never have been able to think of this. Yin Ting was so thoughtful, she went out there and got the world to help, and now the old lady had a chance to meet someone who would assist her.
‘I am very happy, but I do not have a telephone, could only wait to borrow the telephone to call you. But I also want to tell Tingting-jie and every one.’
Zhengqing heart turned to mush as Xiao Shitou’s words, ‘Tingting-jie is back, Shushu will tell her.’
‘Thank you, Shushu,’ Shi Liang said, ‘When I grow up I want to be a good man.’
‘You already are, Xiao Shitou,’
The little girl laughed shyly, ‘I must go now,’
‘Alright, when I am free I will come and see you with Tingting-jie.’
‘Good.’ She said happily.
They said their goodbyes.
Zhengqing went onto Yin Ting’s blog. She hadn’t updated in the last few days so he hadn’t been paying attention to her blog, so he had missed the post regarding the eggcake lady. Many people responded to the post.
As he read the blog, he heard Yin Ting call. He looked up to see her running towards him, her beautiful face aglow. His heart felt warm.
Some people glow, and they are able to pass their warmth to others. Yin Ting was that kind of person.
As she jumped into the car, she asked brightly, ‘Please be more serious, did you miss me?’
Zhengqing’s answer was to pull her to him and kiss her. The gentle kiss lasted for several seconds. He pulled back; Yin Ting’s cheeks were pink and her eyes were bright.
He groaned and pulled her back to him; he parted her lips and kissed her deeply.

[1] Regent: Google started translating 'Please be more serious' to 'Regent' I liked it and kept it as it that way.


pintrest

War of the Bouquet

The kiss was long. When it was over, Yin Ting’s face was red and eyes were even brighter. Zhengqing looked at her hotly, and Yin Ting could not bear it – wanted to kiss him more, but Zhengqing suddenly became serious as he said, 
‘You should sit in the back, so I can concentrate on driving.’
Yin Ting laughed and patted his arm charmingly.
Zhengqing sighed. She smiled and give him a quick peck on the lips, ‘Drive quickly, or we’ll be late.’
‘Say something to calm me down,’ he requested.
‘Do you have the document that you signed wrong?’ she asked, ‘I want to see it with my own two eyes.’
‘Good, that calms me down.’
She laughed and said, ‘You were wondering if I had bribed your secretary? Maybe I should, so that whenever you do something cute again, I will be first to know.’
‘He is very calm now,’ he said as he started the car and drove.
As they drove, Zhengqing told her of Xiao Shitou/Shi Liang’s call, she was pleasantly surprised, ‘I had thought to find a permanent solution when I came back; a solution that the old lady can accept without compromising her pride. I hadn’t realised that noodle-shushu had done it. He really is a good person. I am so touched.’
Zhengqing smiled.
‘But it cannot compare with you signing my name on a document.’
Zhengqing smile dropped and he coughed.
‘My brother is also at this party.’
‘Um,’ Zhengqing nodded, ‘is he here for a reason?’
‘No, he was invited and I asked him to look after you,’ she said sweetly, ‘I just afraid that I will get pulled away by my friends and you will be bored. So my brother is there to keep you company.’
‘…’ what a good hearted brother-in-law, he thought, but he was not a child, he did not need other to accompany him.
‘And May will also be there.’
‘Oh,’ what did that have to do with anything? She was simply a familiar passer-by to him.
‘Why don’t you ask me what’s wrong?’
‘What is there to ask? I have nothing to do with her.’
‘Wasn’t she after you?’
Zhengqing sighed, ‘What do you want to say then?’
‘I will tell her we’re dating, I just want you to be prepared.’
‘Oh,’
‘Don’t be complacent,’ she said, ‘she will take the chance to ridicule us,’
‘Okay,’ why should he care about the behaviour of people who were irrelevant? ‘I am not dating you on a whim; it was well thought out.’
‘Stop the car; there,’ she cried suddenly.
Zhengqing was a bit afraid and quickly did as she bid, ‘What’s the matter?’
Yin Ting jumped from her seat and hugged him, ‘You’re so cool and handsome, I wanted to hug you.’
Zhengqing suddenly choked, ‘Act with restraint, young lady,’ he said.
‘My boyfriend is too loveable, even when he’s restrained.’
Zhengqing replied, ‘My girlfriend is too cute, I would like to take her home and take advantage of her. Is it okay if she doesn’t see her friends?’
She blushed and gently hit him, ‘Don’t make trouble. Drive on, we’re late.’
‘Who told me to stop?’ he replied as he put the car into gear and drove on.
‘I shall act with restraint,’ she said.
‘Hm,’ he replied.
‘Regent, I really like you ah.’ She said. (Zuben: Not as much as he does you)
He smiled, ‘If you keep talking like that I will just take you home.’
Yin Ting was quiet for a bit, then she said, ‘I am telling the truth,’
Zhengqing was quiet for a moment and said, ‘I am also telling the truth, I really want to take you home.’
He turned to her and their gazes locked. His heart beat hard in his chest, she blushed. Zhengqing quickly turned back to the road.
It was silent in the car for a time, then Yin Ting muttered, ‘Yellow, yellow. Be careful or my dad will cut off your legs, oh.’
‘Which leg?’  he asked.
‘I have determined that your words are coloured. You have failed.’
‘I meant right or left leg, what is coloured about that?’
Yin Ting did not speak. He heaved a deep sigh and said, ‘You!’
‘What?’
‘What is in this brain of yours?’
‘Thoughts!’ (Zuben: That is actually funny)
He laughed in spite of himself, her thoughts were the same as her life: colourful.
Before long, they arrived at the party. They signed the card and got the gifts; one from Yin Ting and one from her father.
As they entered the venue, Yin Ting asked him, ‘Can you summarise our conversation?’ She looked very happy, she wanted to record it in the diary, but could not think of how to summarise it.
‘Modesty and restraint…?’
Yin Ting laughed, she laughed so hard she could not walk. She held on to his arm as she laughed. He stood with her resigned, yet smiling at her.
‘Look who it is, looking so happy,’ a voice called out mockingly. Shen Jiaqi gracefully walked up to them.
‘Hello, Shen-zong.’ Zhengqing greeted politely.
Jiaqi smiled with a smile, ‘Qiu-zong.’ She turned to Yin Ting and pinched her cheeks, ‘You are late, but smiling like an idiot. Arlene is going to scold you,’
‘How come?’ Yin Ting replied batting Jiaqi’s hands away, ‘I tried hard to be here.’
Jiaqi smiled, ‘You’re snatching the spotlight by showing off your love at her party. She will scold you.’
‘You’re so bothersome,’ she said. Jiaqi laughed. Two young women ran up to Yin Ting and Jiaqi, ‘May, you’re here! We’ve been looking all over for you. Xiaoting, you have arrived. Good. Hurry, we’re taking a group picture. Arlene said that anyone who’s not here, she doesn’t want to know.’ They said rapidly and they dragged the two women with them.
‘Wait,’ Yin Ting said and she ran back to him, ‘I’ll be back soon. Look for my brother.’ She said and she was dragged off.
He stared after her dumbly; a group of young ladies had good manners in appearance, but have terrible manners. They can steal the gift, but why steal his girlfriend?
Zhengqing unhappily went to look for Yin Shi. They found each other and greeted each other with a perfunctionary wave,
‘I saw Yin Ting being dragged away as you entered. She told me to come to you.’  Yin Shi said.
‘They are usually like this when they get together,’ he continued, ‘noisy, rude and thoughtless. Don’t mind it, ah.’
‘It’s alright,’ Zhengqing said. As long as this wasn’t a regular occurance, and he only had to accompany her on occasion; he could tolerate it.
With Yin Shi, Zhengqing found the gift booth and then they went to find seats. There were a few people chatting where they had chosen to sit and Yin Shi made polite conversation and introduced Zhengqing. They began to eat together. Someone offered Zhengqing some wine but he declined, saying he was driving. There was an awkward silence round the table but Yin Shi smoothed things over, saying, ‘It’s all good. It’s all good. We don’t need to drink wine,’ and he got some orange juice for Zhengqing.
Zhengqing relaxed, Yin Ting was really thoughtful. He was glad he had Yin Shi to accompany him and bridge the gap between him and the others.
There were lots of conversations going on but Zhengqing did not join in, so Yin Shi chatted to him;
‘My shop is doing okay,’
‘That’s good to hear,’ he replied politely.
‘My little sister, she’s a weirdo and quite stupid. You will forgive her,’
‘No. she’s quite clever, and quick to react, she sometimes reacts faster then I do.’ Zhengqing said drily.
Yin Shi was surprised. ‘Please pardon her.’ Then he continued, ‘She has many faults, along with her flighty nature, always forgetful. Usually thoughtless...’
‘She’s not really. She’s very thoughtful in many things, and looks at things from a different perspective from the rest of us.’
Yin Shi was surprised, but said, ‘Please pardon her.’
Zhengqing smiled.
‘She’s so wilful as well, and emotional, very temperamental when she doesn’t get her way.’
‘I think she had a strong character, I have no issues with her temperament. She’s also positive and optimistic.’
Were they talking about the same person here?
‘She’s my girlfriend, don’t criticise her too much okay?’
She’s my younger sister, Yin Shi thought. The friendship of men is build from gossiping and making fun of their womenfolk. Yin Shi looked at Zhengqing, his elite aura was overwhelming. They were in a lively bar, but next to him; it was like being in a conference room.
He finally understood why his sister called Zhenging “Please be more serious” ah. He needed someone like his sister to help him loosen up, and have fun. How did this type of person climb up to the position of Vice President? (Zuben: By being serious?)
‘I’m here!’ Yin Ting appeared finally. Yin Shi relaxed, he was happy to hand her boyfriend back to her, but someone called, ‘Xiaoting! Xiaoting!’
Yin Ting turned to the voices, two ladies came up, ‘We’re making Arlene throw a bouquet. She wasn’t going to, but we convinced her! She said she’d do it after dinner.’
Yin Ting’s eyes lit up, ‘A bouquet! I want! I want!’ She really wanted to get married; she now has a candidate, all that is left is luck and timing. (Zuben: And your dad agreeing)
‘Everyone wants!’ the sisters said.
‘I’m going to get it!’ she turned to Zhengqing and Yin Shi, ‘I’m going, ah!’ and ran off with the two sisters. In the middle of the dance-floor, the bride stood surrounded by her friends holding a bunch of flowers.
The rest of the guests came over to watch. Yin Ting was very enthusiastic, hopping and shouting, ‘Arlene, thow it to me!’
‘Here this side,’ someone countered.
Yin Shi covered his eyes in shame. His sister only just got a boyfriend; she already wants to marry him! But this doesn’t affect him, but the boyfriend. He turned to find that Zhengqing was gone.
The bride threw the bouquet; it flew up in an impressive arc, causing everyone to gasp, ‘Wow!’
As it completed its journey, a long suited arm reached out and grabbed it.
Qiu Zhengqing!
Yin Shi almost fell out of his chair. This was more disgraceful than his sister!
The audience was silent.
Yin Ting rushed to him.
Jiaqi shouted from her position, ‘You actually joined the women to grab the bouquet?!’
Yin Ting reached his side, he did not pay Jiaqi any mind as he handed the bouquet to Yin Ting, ‘You’re mine, so the effect it the same, right?’
Yin Ting blushed furiously and took the bouquet. Everyone began to boo; there was mayhem among the young ladies. Jiaqi came up to them and asked her gaze incredulous, ‘You actually stood with a bunch of women and fought for the bouquet?!’
Zhengqing turned to her and replied solemnly, ‘I just stood at the edge and reached for it.’ He did not squeeze, he did not push, just used the advantage of his height and length of his arm. He had no reason not to help his girlfriend get the bouquet.
Under the watchful eyes of the crowd, Yin Ting became self-conscious and shy, so she hid behind Zhengqing, holding her bouquet. Jiaqi rolled up her sleeves menacingly, ‘Xiaoting, stop hiding and come out,’ Followed by laughter and tears of the women.
Yin Ting did not dare come out from the shelter of Zhengqing. Zhengqing turned and put his arm around her. A gaggle of young ladies came up to them and asked him to pay for his trespass. Zhenqing did not move.
Jiaqi shouted, ‘Qiu zong, I am going to pursue you again. Do you have time?’
Zhengqing did not hesitate in saying, ‘No I don’t have time.’
The crowd burst out laughing.
Yin Shi covered his face, these two are making him lose face. These two are not considering the pride of their loved ones, ah!



Zuben: Yay for exciting chapters! I was enjoying this so much for a change, I finished in four hours! I guess I’m now going to pay for such excitement with tedious chapters. Off to play Monster Hunter Online! Happy Sunday, peeps! Pardon the typos. I tried hard to double and triple check.🙋


Comments

  1. They are so cute.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty! He is even serious for a bouquet toss 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome chapter, thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmaooooo chapters were hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Frangipani 1 - 2 (h)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)