Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

My Love From Another Star 1 and 2

Hottie and the Glowfish





The CG graphics was upsetting. It was like watching a 1940s' movie about alien invasion being reshot with CG graphics done in the 90s. I couldn't tell what size it was. Were the writers and artists going by the Joseon accounts of their otherworldly visit? If we are to suspend our imagination, please don't give me an excuse to want to punch up. Low flying shit should cast a shadow, punk ass wind ain't enough. Also do the aliens have Honey I Shrunk The Kids ray guns? 'Cos the ship was the size of a frisbee in the first few scenes and then it looks about the size of a Moller Neuera, if it sat two, in the downdraft of doom scene. But no matter...Oh no what this? What the fuck is that brightly coloured box supposed to be doing? OMG two face palms in five minutes?! I think I'll live. But with red palm marks on my forehead.

Hottie has lived on their Earth for 400years and he's taken non interference as his Prime Directive 'cos humans are stupid fuckers. Even in the Joseon Era, the Korean habit of gallivanting off whilst leaving their children with awful care-givers is rampant it seems.

Hottie

Glowfish on the other hand is shot is soft focus as though someone is trying to hide her wrinkles like Angela Lansbury in 'Murder She Wrote' ( Don't get me wrong, I love me some MSW). Actually the whole thing is shot in this new fangled soft focus camera that makes my eyes hurt. She's also TSTL with an overinflated ego. Where she gets that from I dunno cos her pals don't seem to pull any punches when she shows off her lack of plenty grey matter. But of course, as with all TSTL k-drama stars, they are cash-cows being milked for all they are worth. Poor little rich girl.

Glowfish

Who is dressed in a Ghana Must Go bag. I'll be honest, k-drama fashion for women has always left something to be desired. I've always preferred to dress like the dudes.
Ghana Must go Jacket

Ghana Must Go bag
 I hear the unique plaid design of these terribly made bags are all the rage on international fashion shows.

Dear Korean drama makers, I think y'all should be plenty aware that your dramas are being seen around the world especially English speaking countries. So when you are setting up your 'lectures', I'm sure its not too hard to make the slide jam with what the lecturer is saying. What the fuck does Thanatos and Eros have to do with carnivorous flies? Or is there a sub-context I am too dumb to get? Upon further watching, the Alien Hottie might be teaching psychology? And he was discussing love and death, using goldenflies? What does the pope have to do with it? Who blinking knows, man.



Am I a terrible person for finding Yoo In Ah's character more sympathetic even with the two-faced biache-ism going on. Her mother on the other hand, both mothers actually, are black holes.

So I killed it near the end of episode 2. Why? My gut tells me it's going to be a mess. Why is there a serial killer in a scifi rom com? Is this a rom com or a melo? I hate melodrama. The girl is unlikeable, she's not even a loveable rogue. I feel like someone is trying to manipulate my emotions. She got drunk two episodes in a row and they are not even mid serie or in the dreaded Episodes 12-15. It's only the beginning and she's an alcoholic! And wtf is with that awful reason for refusing the boy's marriage proposal? Just don't marry him if you don't want to, telling the poor bobo you have to meet some dude who saved your life before you commit is so damn fucking stupid.

I'd like to say I wanna watch cos Hottie dude is so much more interesting. There's so much depth to the character. He's been really well fleshed out in these episodes despite my snarky comments. I really like guys who can do stoic + glowering, smoldering..etc. But I can't. I really couldn't. It wasn't funny it wasn't touching, it was just sad.

'No ass. Puh!' 'Look In the mirror, lady!'

Imma just going to wait for Episodes 15-16 just so I can know what happens at the end. If this were a book I would have read the last chapter. We all know he's going to miss his trip home so what can they do to entertain us around that. If he catches the comet, that would be surprising.



Like a Ghana must go bag, the shit will fall apart from anything past it's tensile stress.

Addendum: The world loved it, I was still un-impressed. We'll see how well this holds up in a year or so. Miss Korea FTW >.<

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Frangipani 1 - 2 (h)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)