Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

Yasashī Shinjitsu to Seiryaku Kekkon Volume 1 Chapter 13

via Google from Clipartbro
‘I am sorry to take time out of your busy schedule.’ Matilda said to the Grand Chamberlain, Laird1. She sat on the settee across from him, bestowing a sweet thankful smile.
‘It’s alright.’ He said in a friendly manner.

‘Today, I had lunch with His Majesty. I'm sorry but eating so much sweet food was difficult.’

‘I am sorry the meal was difficult to eat.’

‘His Majesty the King of Icecoreta will be visiting shortly, I would like to present him with different kinds of dishes.’

‘Huh?’

Ignoring the Laird’s troubled expression; Matilda tried to put on a smile of oblivious innocence. It was harder than she expected. What did an innocent smile look like?

‘Of course it’s only for Luncheon. It is well know that the King of our country has a weak constitution, so the naturally heavily salted dishes of Icecoreta do not suit. I wondered if light Barenshiaga food should be made, it is only luncheon,’ She said thoughtfully, looking innocent, ‘so I'd like to consult with the chefs,'



She smiled, but she wondered if she should laugh. Apprehension grew in her heart. It is difficult playing innocent Princess.

‘What do you want?’

‘His Majesty said…’

His Majesty said that if I wanted to eat my country’s food, I could order it. But, I'm marrying into Bareshiaga, so I want this country’s food to be my “taste of home”’

‘Is that so?’

‘Is there something strange about my request?’

‘No, but that…’

Matilda watched Laird closely; he seemed to be mumbling and was possibly hiding something.
Why did one have to ask so long for such small things?

‘I will not ask you anymore!’ she said suddenly, ‘Please leave. I will ask his Majesty tonight. For now I do not want to see your face.’ She turned her body away from him, haughtily turning her nose up at the Grand Chamberlain.

One of the maids quietly opened a door, ‘Please come through here,’

Laird, the Grand Chamberlain, shuffled out of the room in a dazed manner wondering what just happened.

One person down.

But after the enforcement of this, she would like to start weeding out all those involved in defrauding the palace, expose them and get rid of them.

After confirming that the door was shut properly, Matilda collapsed on the sofa.

That had been tiring. Almost impossible.

She really did not suit the cutie girl manner. It did not suit her at all.

‘That looked like fun, Mattie!’ Leandroth said, entering from the opposite door. She stared at him.

‘Eh?’

‘That version of you is not to my taste, but it worked. At the word of the future Empress, even a high ranking office will be dismissed. It will be the quickest way to our goal.’

Leandroth sat beside Matilda and stroked her hair, ‘Our plan seems like it will work, I thought well.’ He patted her head.

‘I don’t think I am cut out for this though,’

She noticed the maids leaving the room.

They could embrace.

‘Maybe…’

‘Using this method, is it alright?’


He chuckled, ‘We may not have needed to do it so quickly. But thank you for getting rid of the ring leaders. The dismissal of the Grand Chamberlain may serve as the opening salvo. It is not a thing of beauty, but what is beauty in a battlefield?’

‘It was off, that the chief of staff could not talk freely. I wanted to solve it as soon as possible.’
The crowd gets caught. She felt like Leandroth was becoming a bad influence on her language. (Zuben: Don’t ask me how.)

‘Thank you.’ He said.

She shook her head to dismiss his thanks. She did not do much.

‘We will definitely win this game. Afterwards, you can be my assistant. So you don’t have to hold back against anyone if you think you need to, to can fight freely.’

‘Very well, I will be come your assistant and healthcare manager. I did declare it, and I will make sure you are served delicious food.’

‘It will be welcome, but even plain rice would be delicious.’ He said gently patting her back,
Matilda moved too quickly, so he patted her harder than he planned, and she got a little dizzy.

‘I am sorry, please do not talk.’ He said

‘No, it wasn't …it didn't hurt that much. I stopped before you moved.’
Her mind turned to other things (Zuben: Matilda’s mind certainly does zip from one unrelated topic to the other.)

‘The maids you have chosen are really amazing and also really beautiful.’ She said. It was rather depressing.

‘There is nothing to worry about. You only need to do things as you see fit, but do consult with me. Besides, their looks were irrelevant, I chose them for their capabilities.’

His words made her even more depressed. (Zuben: Why?)

‘Like a boy soldier on his first campaign, ne.’

‘Aha, that’s an accurate description.’ She felt a sharp pain in her chest.

‘Not saying anything?’ he asked laughing in her ear.

‘If your thinking wasn't inappropriate, I guess it’s enough.’ She said tying to sound nonchalant.

‘I'm sorry,’

‘I forgive you.’ (Zuben: Don’t ask me what he’s apologizing for ‘cos I dunno)
They smiled at each other. Matilda wound her arms around his neck and kissed him. A cute sound of the kiss echoed in the room.

‘Are you planning to keep your punishment secret?’

‘Hmm?’

‘Draw a circle…?’ he said laughing, then he continued, ‘If you want to do it again, can we do it here,’ he said cheekily as his hands reached for her chest, ‘they would be better than cheeks.’
Matilda smiled slightly embarrassed as she caught his hands and pushed them away, and said in a mock-stern manner.

‘You've had enough break time, please go and continue with your duties. Work hard, and do your best.’



That evening, Matilda was getting her wedding dress fitted, when she heard that the Grand Chamberlain had been dismissed for disobeying the orders of the Emperor. Although, it was a de facto dismissal; she heard that four high marquis and vassals interceded. She worried for the future as a sense of dark foreboding come over her.



Zuben:
[1] Laird: Grand Chamberlain; named by me.


Comments

  1. She was worried about being ugly surrounded by pretty maids. Hes apologizing for giving her worry by that action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He realizes that she is insecure so he is trying to reassure her with his apology.

      Delete
    2. This Chamberlain has already started his revolt. And he has revealed a few more faces that will need to go with him.
      Thank you for this chapter translation

      Delete
    3. She is not worried about being ugly... She is insecure about being 1 of many. She wants to be the only one for him...

      Delete
  2. seriously (zuben)... please refrain for giving your opinion while translating, it's somewhat kinda annoying and disturbing while i'm reading... haa~ though the story already completely translate and the comment will be ignored...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Zerou,

      If you wish to continue reading my editions, you're going to have to get used to it. If you can't, I am not fussed. Leave my blog. I wouldnt even know you were here. I didn't force your horse to come and drink water in my pond, there are many other ponds to drink from.

      Many thanks,

      Zuben

      Delete
    2. Você faz isso para todos,os comentários é meio que uma proximidade....falando nisso você consegue lê meus comentários (com alguma coerência)? Já que eu os mantenho em português e em um site de tradução me falaram que quando o Google traduz sai um pouco incompreensível

      Delete
    3. Juh- love, I translate your comments in google translate - i read everything. Thank you for your comments, I dont mind them in portugeuse, nice to know everyone is able to read it.

      Juh- love, Eu traduzo seus comentários no google translate - eu leio tudo. Obrigado pelos seus comentários, eu não me importo com eles em português, bom saber que todo mundo é capaz de ler as histórias.

      Delete
  3. Love the comments after the translations! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When he said that he hired the maids not based off looks, but capabilities, perhaps she was thinking that they had both beauty and ability, and was depressed over that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone is entitled to your own opinions but I totally disagree with Zerou’s comment; and based on reading Zuben’s reply, I for one am happy to see that Zuben obviously gives zero f@cks about Zerou’s opinion on the matter...

    I personally have enjoyed reading Zuben’s additional commentary and in my humble opinion, I think it’s normally interjected at times when it’s very appreciated/needed. For example; Zuben's comments tend to provide that little bit of extra clarification you need when you’re having one of those ~WTF???~ moments. Or they can provide a much needed comic relief when one or more of the story characters are saying or doing something that normal people would consider insanely stupid, ridiculously embarrassing, or they’re behaving completely out of character (almost always it’s all three listed at once lol )...

    Lastly - I’d very much hope that anyone with 1/2 a brain can understand just how difficult and time consuming it is to translate anything from one language to another, let alone entire stories/novels! The fact that Zuben provides us this service and for free, means that no one should be leaving complaints or insults directed at Zuben...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be annoyed toooo the first time I read in this site but I will call myself smart because instead of commenting and criticized the translator I just avoid reading Zuben small notes. We know it Zuben times when there a () sign duuuuh... After that I just laugh along with the notes LOL it's sometimes funny and spice up the story.

      Delete

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Frangipani 1 - 2 (h)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)