Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

Please be More Serious Chapters 73 no-74

tinkmara.com

Sugar:

When Zhengqing arrived at Yin Ting’s home, he found her with red puffy eyes. She was frustrated and upset.
‘Have you been reading the comments?’ he asked her. Yin Ting started to cry.
‘I wanted to see the reaction after the statement was made.’ She said tearfully.
Zhengqing did not speak. Instead, he pulled her with him to the couch and held her in his arms for a little while. After she seemed to have settled, he asked her to go and wash her face and get ready to go out.
‘Why don’t we just order nice takeaway?’ she asked. She was very comfortable there she was, she didn’t want to move at all. She really didn’t want to go out; she wanted to hide at home. It would be much better.
‘No. We must go out.’ Zhengqing insisted. The more you hide, the more you let them win. ‘The table has been booked. We are going to buy flowers and buy rings.’
Yin Ting was surprised, ‘You still want to do that?’ but today is so sad. She didn’t want to be sad while picking a ring.
‘We are going.’ He said as he pushed her up and kept her from flopping back. ‘You promised me, do you want to go back on your word? This is only a little setback. You’re bound to be sad, and bound to be hurt, but there is good food to eat, streets to stroll on, and your own life to cherish. Go and change into beautiful clothes.’
Yin Ting pouted and shuffled away.
Zhengqing followed her to her room. He helped her to pick her clothes and he chose a bright red jacket to wear over. Yin Ting saw the jacket after she came back from washing her face, it was such a happy colour. She looked at Zhengqing; he wasn’t his usual sombre black but coffee brown instead. She had a thought, ‘I’ll put on make-up.’ She said. She had to dress well to go out tonight
‘Hao,’ Zhengqing replied.
Yin Ting sat at her dressing table and began to apply her foundation. Zhengqing watched her. Yin Ting saw him watching her and suddenly felt shy. She got up and pushed him out of her room, ‘Don’t watch a girl putting on her make up.’
‘Why can’t I?’ he protested. But he got relegated to the living room to watch TV.
She returned to her dressing table. She could hear the television outside. She looked at herself in the mirror; really ugly, she thought. Her eyes were swollen and her nose was red. Her whole face looked lifeless. She thought of Zhengqing’s words, took a deep breath, and put on her make up.
As she finished, she gradually she found she was feeling better.
She changed her clothes and picked up a handbag, then she went to the living room. The television was on but Zhengqing was not watching. His gaze was focused on the coffee table, his expression was serious. She could not tell what he was thinking.
‘I’m fine,’ she said.
He looked up to see her and he laughed. He rose and pulled her into his arms and asked, ‘Can I kiss you? Will I ruin the make up?’
But he didn’t wait for her to answer before kissing her.
The gentle but involved kiss ended, he looked at Yin Ting’s lips, ‘It seems as though it has rubbed off.’
She didn’t not how to reply, she had lost her head. She pulled him back to her room. She wiped the lip gloss from his lips and reapplied hers.
Zhengqing held her from behind as she reapplied her make up. Their eyes met in the mirror. He kissed her hair, ‘Very good looking,’ he said, ‘Very spirited. You look very good.’
Yin Ting was filled with warmth. She knew what he meant.
Very spirited; this was right.
They went out for dinner. They didn’t talk about the happenings online. Yin Ting was still feeling low, and still embarrassed, so her appetite wasn’t very good. Although she knew she should not be cowardly, knowing and doing were two different things. Her mind was filled with the misconceptions and ridicule that she had been subject to on the net. She shuddered at the thought that she would go through this every time she put up a post.
After their dinner, Zhenging took her on a gentle stroll to the jewellery store. He asked the attendant to show them their selection of paired engagement rings. The lady served them enthusiastically, and showed them a few styles.
As Yin Ting looked at the rings, she remembered she had planned to take photos when they bought the ring and post it online to share her happiness. But now she was afraid. It made her upset.
‘Which one do you like?’ he asked softly in her ear.
She bit her lip as she looked at the tray of glittering rings. She picked a simple pair, ‘This one is good,’ she said.
‘Is this really okay?’ he asked, thinking that they looked too simple.
‘Yeah,’ she nodded. He had said it was an engagement ring, not wedding rings, so why was he buying a pair? If she was paying, she would not hesitate, but it was from his pocket, she felt bad for him. (Zuben: He’s the VP, stop feeling bad for him) She remembered he still had a loan to pay off. He worked so hard, it wasn’t easy to make money. And the gift he had gotten for her father during the Spring Festival cost a lot (Zuben: and was kind of a waste)
‘This one,’ she confirmed.
‘Okay,’ he nodded to the attendant, ‘She likes this one.’
The attendant smiled and gave Yin Ting to try them on to get her size, after which she led Zhengqing to pay. Yin Ting sat watching his wide shoulders and back, and remembered what he said to her, "It is not a question of staying in the event; it is a question of your life. Will you no longer enjoy your life?"
Yin Ting stared. Her life…
What was her life? She didn’t have to work hard. She was fortunate enough to be able to have good food and clothes, the love of her family, the love of her boyfriend, and caring friends. Her life was to accompany her father, take care of her brother, find nice shops, go to fun places, help the people she could, share the happy things with her friends. Her life was to make people around her happy and it made her happy. Her life was very plain and simple. (Zuben: I wouldn’t call it “plain”)
She had no big business, she had no twists and turns, but she was busy everyday, fulfilled and comfortable. She loved her life. She was very happy.
To no longer enjoy her live? Such a thing was to terrible to contemplate.
She looked at Zhengqing, his back was still to her. She suddenly felt panicked. She rose and went to him, wanting to be near him. Just then, Zhengqing collected the bag from the attendant and turned to see her.
He strode forward and pulled her hand, ‘You look like a lost child,’ he said with a smile.
She didn’t reply, but held his hand and rested her head on his shoulder.
‘Let’s go buy flowers and then go to my place and play with Miao, okay?’
‘Okay.’ She really had no opinion; she just wanted to be near him.
The flower shop was across the street from where the car was parked. Zhengqing asked Yin Ting to wait for him near the car, while he went to buy the flowers. She was feeling dejected so she quietly waited.
While she waited, she stared at the pavement she stood on. Her phone began to ring. It rang for a while before she reacted and took out her phone. It was a number she didn’t know, but she answered it anyway.
The other party cleared her throat, and with a seemingly nervous voice said, ‘Hello, am I speaking to Miss Yin Ting?’
‘Yes,’ Yin Ting was also nervous.
‘Hello, Miss Yin, I am part of the marketing team for Xiu, my name is Xu Ting.’
Yin Ting’s heart leapt in her chest, something bad had not happened again, had it?
‘I am sorry to bother you,’ Xu Ting said.
‘Yes, what happened?’ she asked coldly. She had begun to imagine the worst. Was it a new round of battle? Was it that Xiu had had enough of the harassment and vitriol that they are cancelling her participation? Does she quit, can’t she quit? Let’’s not guess, don’t make up, don’t scold. She had dragged down such a good company, hurt her friends and fans. Can’t they not look for trouble?
Yin Ting wanted to say this,  but her throat closed up. The person on the line was also silent, which made Yin Ting’s heart sink further. (Zuben: Someone is breaking data protection laws, or do they not have that in China😏)
‘My name also has Ting in it,’ the person called Xu Ting said.
Yin Ting groaned.
‘On my face, under my ear, is a birthmark. It is ugly, and my facial features aren’t good.’
Yin Ting was got more paranoid. What did this mean?
‘A year ago…ah, I’m sorry, I’m just too nervous I forgot to say first of all, I am a fan of yours.’
Yin Ting blinked, completely confused.
‘I’m your fan. I came across your blog a year ago. I had graduated from university for six months and still hadn’t found a job. I did very well in my studies, but I am ugly. Some companies even told me directly that my image is not good enough, and if I was hired I would bring down the image of the company. Some potential employers even said there was no way for me to have contact with the customers, it would be unfavourable to business. All my applications were for marketing roles, not front desk or public relations, what did my appearance have to do with anything? But all the companies I applied to were mindful of this aspect.’ She said with a wry laugh.
‘I became so desperate, I thought maybe I should have surgery on my face.’
Yin Ting couldn’t speak; she could not understand why Xu Ting was telling her these things.
It seemed Xu Ting did not need Yin Ting to respond because she continued, ‘One day, I received an interview notice for Xiu, a marketing planning position. I sat at home wandering around the internet, I didn’t want to go. I didn’t want to go and be rejected. I thought if I went I would be rejected anyway. While browsing, a friend linked one of your posts, I still remember what you wrote: Winter brings severe cold, the tree shakes of its leaves, but why do the leaves grow again in Spring? Your answer was neither the cold winter nor the arrogant tree trunk can prevent the leaves from showing their beauty. Without the leaves, there is no majestic tree. Without the leaves, the tree isn’t perfect. As long as there is a little warmth, it will break through the obstacles and show its beauty. The picture you put along with the post was of deciduous scenery, with a tree with yellowing leaves on which you drew a smiling face and a pair of strong arms in the guts pose. I saved that picture, it’s now my computer desktop picture. At the time, I thought about it deeply and found your point of view interesting. Usually the leaves in winter are described as sad and weak, but it was the first time they had been described as strong. It spurned me on to go to the interview. I thought if the leaves are vibrant what ever the season, I should be too. I shouldn’t be depressed but try again. I was lucky enough to be hired, and I have been a part of Xiu ever since.’
Yin Ting began to understand; this person has called to comfort her. She gave a sad smile and said, ‘Miss Xu, you were hired because of your ability, it has nothing to do with leaves.’
Xu Ting laughed as she replied, ‘I know a picture of dying leaves didn’t magically grant me a job, but what I wanted to let you know is that, the picture and word encouraged me at that time. Since then, I began to follow your blog, and found the post to be very interesting. You have never complained, or written negative things about anything or anyone. You always seem happy, everything you write is about the beauty of this or that. Everything is good. When I read your blog, it makes me happy. Life from your point of view is very beautiful. I envy you a lot and I like you a lot. When our managers started discussing the Beautiful Dream event, the first person I thought of was you. You have gone to so many places and written so many travel journals, I thought this event was especially appropriate for you. When I saw your ID amongst the one hundred and fifty invitations, I was especially happy. Your post being recommended also made me happy. I told my colleagues about you, that I had been following you for a long time. But I never could have imagined the awfulness that happened today, I think you must feel terrible. I know our managers have called you. And I know I should not contact you in my capacity, but I got your phone number and decided that I wanted to let you know my thoughts in particular. So I presumed to call you.’
Yin Ting did not know what to say, but ‘Thank you,’
‘I wanted to say to you that, those questionable and malicious rumours should not stop you from writing what you want. Your writing is good, the pictures you take are beautiful and most importantly, you let me see the world through your eyes. And there, I see a beautiful world. Reading your blog makes me happy. I look at things from your perspective and feel positive. I know there have been a lot of harsh words from people today, and it has made me very angry. But I have also been angry that you haven’t appeared all day. I was also worried you didn’t say anything on Weibo. I know I’m just a little fan and maybe my words are useless but I wanted you to know that I like your blog. I like your chicken soup stories. And I want to tell you not to give up. Do you remember when you wrote; why is sugar sweet? To make you happy, was the answer. It made me laugh, but to be honest, I didn’t think it meant anything. But along the way, I thought, sugar is not a necessity, it’s an adjustment, but it makes people happy. So many people love Tingting Yuli413; you are the sugar to our lives. We support you, and want you to be happy everyday.’
Ying Ting’s nose was full and her eyes were hot, ‘Thank you,’ she said.
‘I want to thank you for the joy you have brought. I will continue to follow you. Please do not give up.’ 
A large hand grabbed her shoulder as Xu Tin hung up. Yin Ting turned to see Zhengqing serious face behind her.
‘Who was calling?’ he asked.
‘A fan.’
He frowned, ‘A fan? Male or female?’
Yin Ting smiled, ‘Female.’
He handed her the bouquet and casually asked, ‘What did they say?’
She took the flowers and was about to reply, when he popped a lollipop into her mouth, ‘There was a sweet shop next to the flower shop.’
The sweetness spread in Yin Ting’s mouth. Zhengqing leaned over and kissed her,
‘You said you must be happy when you eat sugar, right?’
She nodded.
Why was sugar sweet? Because it wants you to be happy.
Zhengqing wanted her to be happy, so he was sugar. Xu Ting also wanted her to be happy, therefore, Xu Ting was also sugar. What about her? She also wanted to make people around her happy, she also wanted to be sugar.
Everyone actually had hearts of sugar.
Yin Ting stared and found herself thinking about chicken soup things again.



With you:  

Yin Ting went home with Zhengqing. The day had been difficult and she wanted to be near him.
As they drove to his house, she sat in the car with her lollipop thinking about Xu Ting’s words. The fact that people she didn’t know cared about her so much and tried to encourage her. She realised she should call her friends and thank them for their support in all this. She hoped everyone would not be unhappy with her.
Yin Ting called Qin Yufei first; she had the worst temperament. Waiting for the call to connect, she began to regret not calling back earlier. She hadn’t taken the mood of her friends into account. And Yufei had a big belly, she didn’t know what her situation was like.
When the call was finally answered, Yufei shouted, ‘Are you alive? Are you alright?’
Yin Ting was so touched she almost wanted to cry, ‘I’m fine. I just wanted to let you know I’m fine.’
‘It’s alright,’ Yufei said as she chewed on something, ‘Do you want to ask me how I am? Don’t worry my baby and I are healthy and lively. Today, I upgraded my online experience without cursing. I feel super good. I am always hungry though, so I’m eating a lot.’
Yin Ting laughed and she called her other friends. Everyone answered and said, ‘Hao, you’ll be fine.’ Yin Ting’s heart was full of emotion.
When Yin Ting called Mao Huizhu she was having dinner Wu Fei at the noodle restaurant near their office. She and Yin Ting spoke for a short bit, and Huizhu gave her some words of comfort. Huizhu was very touched she couldn’t help but say to Wu Fei, ‘When I first met Yin Ting, I didn’t like her very much. I had a preconception. After meeting her and getting to know her, I discovered she is very cute. I used to be too narrow-minded.’
Wu Fei looked at her for a while before he replied, ‘Me too.’
‘Ah?’ Huizhu said in surprise, ‘Didn’t you like her from the first moment you saw her?’
‘No, I mean, when I first met you, I didn’t like you very much. I felt you were very proud, stiff faced and self righteous.’
Huizhu was shocked.
Wu Fei laughed at her expression, ‘But after getting to know you, I began to find you very cute.’
‘Thank you,’ she replied hesitantly with a grimace, ‘To know that your first impression of me was so bad, I don’t want to give you your salary.’
Wu Fei laughed and replied, ‘I like you very much now.’
Huizhu wanted to laugh and tell him he was still going to get his salary but she was caught by a light in his eyes.
‘I really like you now.’ Wu Fei repeated with an enigmatic smile, watching Huizhu.
Huizhu was surprised and caught off guard, she thought she should answer him but her mind was blank.
Wu Fei looked at her and laughed, ‘Are you done? I will send you back,’ as though he hadn’t said anything strange.
‘Yes, let’s.’ she replied. She quickly gathered her things. They had finished eating anyway, they had just been chatting. It was time to go and back and think about what he was going to say to make her overwhelmed.
Wu Fei paid the bill and went to get the car. Huizhu usually took a taxi, but ig the time was right he drove her home, ‘It’s been a tough day, it’s good that she has gotten through it.’ He said.
‘What?’ Huizhu jumped and felt that there was hidden meaning in his words.
‘I’m talking about Yin Ting.’
‘Oh, right,’ she said in a rush, ‘It’s just a small matter. The most important thing is that she does her own thing well. It’s alright for others to misunderstand and judge, but she will get through.’
Wu Fei smiled. After a while he said, ‘Yes. Don’t worry about other people’s thoughts and judgement. The most important is that you’re doing well.’
Huizhu frowned and took a surreptitious glance at him. He seemed to be concentrating on driving and not speaking. Huizhu was upset. Did Yin Ting’s situation stimulate Wu Fei? Why was he being strange? What he meant was not want she wanted; it must not be.
Yin Ting did not know Huizhu was also stimulated. After she called all her friends, she was comfortable. When she arrived, Miao-dada was at the door to greet them. But when Yin Ting held out her hands to carry it, it ran. So Yin Ting chased the cat around the house. She finally caught it and they played on the carpet. She laughed happily.
Zhengqing sat beside them silently watching cat and woman play.
After she played a lot with the cat, she lay down beside Zhengqing. When there was nothing happening, the troubles surfaced again. She asked him, ‘Serious, you tell me; what should I say?’
‘What do you want to say?’
Yin Ting wanted to say that she had been defamed, but instead she asked, ‘Should I write a statement?’
‘Okay.’
‘What would you write?’
‘I would right that I won’t budge just because I am being misunderstood my malicious speculation.’
‘That sounds arrogant.’ She said, she still felt worried and very embarrassed by the whole thing.
‘You can delete all those nauseating comments and block the commentators.’
‘That’s really arrogant.’ She said as she played with his hand, ‘I looked at it today, I would need to delete seven to eight thousand comments, and it’s so late now. The comments may have reached ten thousand. ‘
‘You can set forbidden comments.’
Yin Ting did not reply for a bit then she asked, ‘You say when they look back on their dirty words; what do you think they would feel?’
‘Probably would be very proud of themselves and their fighting strength, their strong sense of justice and that they are worthy of admiration.’
Yin Ting smiled, ‘You are laughing at them, oh?’
‘Yes.’ He replied.
Yin Ting sighed, she wondered maybe the people who were attacking her were really mocking her like Zhengqing said really felt that they are super good.
‘Don’t think about it; don’t be in a hurry to make a decision. Sleep and tomorrow morning, you will find that this matter is not a big deal. We all love you. The most important thing is to love your people, those others are irrelevant.’
Yin Ting closed her eyes and buried herself in Zhengqing’s arms. She knew he was right; many people did care about her. She will continue to post and make others happy. But what could she write? Should she write it tomorrow? What could she write about?
‘Can you be with me all the time?’ she asked, her voice sounded a bit pathetic.
‘Yes, I can. I have not been accompanying you.’
‘I won’t be able to sleep; my heart is in a mess. Can I stay with you?’
Zhengqing looked at her, ‘You don’t want to go home?’
‘Is that alright?’ she asked.
‘It’s alright.’ He replied as her caressed her hair. She breathed a sigh of relief assured that he will take care of her. ‘My bed divides in half.’ He said.
She suddenly sat up and looked at him, ‘No naughtiness.’
‘Do I look like some one who takes advantage? Or are you in the mood?’
‘No,’ she replied, she was really depressed, ‘Can I hug Dada to sleep?’
‘Hmm, he doesn’t like cuddles but you can try.’
‘Can you help me call my brother about tonight? I will be embarrassed if I had to do it.’
‘…’
Zhengqing had to brazenly call his future brother in law to inform him that Yin Ting was staying over because she was depressed.  Yin Shi was alright with it. Yin Ting burst into laughter just then. Zhengqing turned to see her teasing Miao-dada with a ball.
Yin Shi also heard the laughter of the sister who was depressed and needed comfort. He was silent for a moment and decided to pretend not to have heard. He informed Zhengqing that Guohao was going to discharged at noon the next day and asked him to inform Yin Ting. Zhengqing understood the connotations; Yin Ting had to be home before her father. Don’t let him know she stayed over.
But Zhengqing decided to pretend he did not get it, and responded as promised. The two men talked more and then rang off.
As Yin Ting lay on Zhengqing’s bed that night, she realised she was shy. The shyness and awkwardness displaced some of her depression. Because Zhengqing had been watching her all evening, she hadn’t been able to look on her blog to access the situation or leave a message. She asked him to look for her; he informed her it was best not to look at the comments without some psychological girding lest she would be affected.
‘Do you want me to help you delete and blacklist them?’ he asked.
‘No,’ she replied, ‘this is also a step in psychological girding.’
Now she was in bed with Zhengqing with the cat at her feet. She realised her mood had changed subtly. With her worrying about her online issues, she didn’t feel it was enough to share a gesture in bed, or else she would not respect her boyfriend.
While her brain was in a cranky mess, Zhengqing’s arms pulled her into a warm embrace.
‘Don’t think about it and go to sleep,’ he said. His voice in the darkness was warm and extraordinarily magnetic.
‘I won’t quit.’ She announced.
‘Very good,’ he replied dropping a light kiss on her forehead.
‘But I cant think about what to do.’
‘You are upset, you shouldn’t think about it. Now it is time to sleep. Tomorrow is another day.’
‘Can it?’
‘It will.’
‘It was only a day, but it feels like it has been forever.’
‘So it’s time to sleep.’ He said as he kissed her forehead and her eyelids, ‘I will always be with you.’
She wanted to say her heart was too chaotic to sleep, but she gave a big yawn. Zhengqing caressed her back and looked at her tenderly. I hope tomorrow will be alright, she thought.
She fell asleep.
When Yin Ting woke up, she was in a little daze not recognising where she was. Then she remembered she was in Zhengqing’s home.
She was nestled in his arms with her back to his chest, his arms circled her waist. He was still asleep; his breathing long and deep. As she became more awake, she realised why she woke up. Zhengqing had black out curtains for his bedroom, but a corner of the curtain was turned away letting in the light of the morning sun. The room was in total darkness due to the curtain but because of that twist, sunlight was invading.
She stared at the invading ray of sunlight for a while and then sat up. She gently left the circle of Zhengqing’s arms and went to his study to get his camera. When she returned to the bedroom, Zhengqing was waking up.
‘What’s wrong?’ he asked.
‘I saw the sun,’ she replied with a bright smile.
He didn’t understand. He watched Yin Ting adjust the lens and take a shot.
‘So?’ he asked.
‘The sunlight is beautiful.’ She replied with laugh. She took a few more shots, and then rushed into bed to show Zhengqing, ‘Look, the sun is beautiful.’
‘Ah,’ he replied. His angel’s chicken soup thoughts broke out again. He kissed her cheek. He really loved her smile, his angel should be happy.
‘You’re beautiful and you laugh beautifully.’
Yin Ting giggled.
He laughed too. He turned to his bedside dresser and pulled a box from the drawer.
‘Since the sun is beautiful and you’re laughing so happily, then we can wear the rings.’ He announced as he opened the box. He took out the woman’s ring and slipped it on her finger, ‘Happy new day, wife. Be happy everyday.’
She stared blankly at the ring, ‘This isn’t the one I picked.’ She had picked a plain one; this one had a large diamond on it.
Zhengqing kissed her and said, ‘A man should keep his woman in mind when making decisions. I decided to change this one.’
As Yin Ting looked at the ring, her eyes grew hot. She looked up at him, ‘You were right. When you blink it will be a new day. A new day is different. I have thought of what to do, I have seen the sun.’
Nothing can stop it because it should exist. Just with a little warmth, it will break through obstacles and show its beauty.
As beautiful as the sun.

Apologies for the typos.

Three more chapters!!!



Comments

  1. Sweet and warm chapters and Zhengqing with a bling at the end.
    Thanks Zuben!

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)

Mo Yan in the Book 11 - 15 (H)