Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

It Became A Serious Thing 7

Very Much 7:  Don’t ask Colette for advice she’s a ninny!

macoto


Even if she asked Colette, Colette did not know how to reply. She had no answers.
‘I don’t know such a thing and we…we are not together anymore. His Majesty and Lionel are different… To compare my situation with that of His and Her Highness…’
‘Why do you think that Lionel and His Majesty are different?’
(Zuben: Maybe Colette does have the answer. Queenie, just wear a sexy baby doll and ask the King for his “compassion”)
Further questions were awkward. She didn’t want to criticise people who are precious about their status without permission. She was nervous about being accused of a crime,
‘I don’t know his Majesty at all (Zuben: Indeed, if she walked by him in a hallway she wouldn’t know it was him.) but I think I came across Lionel-sama when he was lonely. Maybe his Majesty would get used to you while you live together…?’
‘Maybe you should be frank with him about how you feel. Maybe that way you can work it out.’
‘Were you frank too? Aren’t your feelings for Lionel shallow?’
‘Um…I liked Lionel-sama, but I can’t really like him, I know the difference in our social status.’
At Colette’s words, Eliza sighed deeply,
‘A person who loves like that is said to be unselfish,’ (Zuben: Can you actually say that, Eliza?)
That may be true, however there was also fear. A person may want to run away from the force and depth of the other’s love for them. But she did not say that to the Queen,
‘Good.’ Eliza said after a brief contemplative silence.
Colette was relieved; it looked like Eliza was satisfied with what she said. Hopefully, she could leave soon, but she felt Eliza’s sharp gaze on her
‘But there is a problem; the real reason I sent for you…’
‘Um…what is it?’ Colette asked tentatively. She had a bad feeling but she had to listen to the woman,
‘The King was very interested in the woman who had made Lionel go crazy. So I want you to be one of my personal maids,’
Colette understood. It was the King. He would get curious about the maiden who had turned Lionel’s head and come looking for Colette (Zuben: Queenie doesn’t want her hubby to fall for the man stealing hussy)
Colette realised that the queen had a heart full of passion in her fragile looking body. She could feel it. This was a really serious situation,
‘It’s okay. I am thinking of resigning my post earlier than my term completion date. I will return to my parents’ home and prepare for my wedding. I have a fiancé, the son of my father’s business partner. I have known him since we were little.’
‘I see, but do you really love that fiancé?’
Colette had never really thought of love.
‘I know him well, and we get along. We will both help build our family’s business. Even for us commoners, marriage for the family is very common.’
‘Is that so? So you will abandon love in the castle and get married for your family?’
It looked like Queen’s head was full of love issues; everything she seemed to think of was associated with love.
Thinking on what the Queen said, Colette wondered Queen Eliza had certain single minded ideas about how love should be,
‘I was so happy when they decided that His Majesty would be my husband. Even though it was a decision made by our House and countries, I love his Majesty from the bottom of my heart. Back home, I spoke to some of my elders whose marriages had been arranged and they did not like their partners very much. For me, since the moment I saw a picture of His Majesty, I was happy to have a husband like him. I dreamt of a happy life together. But in reality, I am not cared for at all.’ (Zuben: Saw a pretty guy in the picture, and created a personality in your head that was different to the one in reality)
Eliza seemed to wilt as she finished talking; Colette groaned inwardly and tried to pacify her,
‘Loving someone and being loved is hard. But being able to love someone, I think that I am happy. To tell you the truth I would like to be loved, but I wonder is just love is enough. For now, don’t think too much, just try and relax. Love is not a transient thing, true love will last.’
‘Oh, I wonder…’
‘His Majesty and Eliza are both beautiful people that suit each other. It is better to be patient and keep a calm mind. Go out, enjoy yourself. I hear it is not good to stay in enclosed rooms too much.’
‘Well…’
Something in Colette’s words seemed to have caught Eliza for she went silent, then rose quickly. Lady Adan quickly rang the bell for a senior maid. Lady Adan and Eliza both left the room and the senior made sent Colette back to her duties.
She could not quite get what happened, but for Colette it was really tense and exhausting. Besides she had not done her assigned work today, she needed to hurry. On her way she was ambushed by Rose.
‘Colette! It is serious? Oh, what did the Lady of the Court say ask you?’
‘Well…various things…like a survey…’
‘As I thought! I guessed as much.’
‘Eh…Rose, you know what it was about?’
She had not heard that His Highness the King was looking for Colette, right? Wasn’t that supposed to be a secret?
But as Rose began to talk, someone called her,
‘Colette Folk, come here!’
It was the Lead Supervisor of the maids who had a lower maid with her.
Colette turned to Rose and said, ‘Later,’ and she was led away by the supervisor.  The supervisor took her to her office and she was asked to sign a document,
‘What is this?’ Colette asked.
‘Colette, you’ve had a hard time with work,’
‘Eh?’
‘You have been relieved of your duties in the palace.’
A sudden dismissal! She wondered if the Queen made it happen since she didn’t want his Majesty to meet Collette. She did not know but could not afford to refuse, so Colette signed and was let go.
‘Your luggage would be sent to you later. We will pay you all your wages till today.’
Colette was stunned. It all seemed too easy and sudden. Colette was not one to cling on to things but she had been a palace maid for two years and still had a few more months to go. Her mind could not keep up with the speed at which the end came. Though dumbfounded, Colette began to walk home.
‘Colette, here.’
She didn’t even look up at the hand that pulled her. It seemed her life had vacated her body for a bit. She was taken to the stables, where a horse and a knight stood. She came back to herself and saw Lionel standing beside his horse, in his ceremonial armour.
‘Eh…’ What? Why?
He wasn’t alone; the other Black Dragon Knights were also there dressed as he was. Colette’s brain was frozen. Lionel came closer to her, his expression full of sweetness,
‘I came to get you,’
‘What…?
‘I have received permission from His Majesty.’
‘What…?’
‘Permission to marry you,’
‘?!’
Colette’s brain was frazzled. Didn’t she decline his offer last night?
Lionel drew closer, ‘So, let’s head to your home town now,’
‘What are you going to do there…?’
‘To ask for permission from your parents.’
Wait! What?! Colette felt faint. Her mouth opened and closed without any sounds coming out for a while. She regained the ability to speak and she was happy when a very sensible sentence emerged,
‘Suddenly coming home with me, it might be troublesome for my parents…’
‘That will not be a problem,’ he said assuredly
‘…’
The leader of the knights and his subordinates had prepared everything, and then got Colette out. Rose and the other maids arrived at the scene and cried out excitedly, ‘It’s so great!’
No it’s not great. She had wanted to have a long think about the future but she could not think of anything right now. In this situation, Colette did not have the mental power to say “No I will not marry you Lionel, it is impossible.”
Rose came up to her and said, ‘This is what I’ve been wanting to tell you all day: Lionel officially cancelled his engagement, and you and he are officially allowed to marry!’
You should have told me sooner!
Lionel lifted Colette onto the horse so she as sitting side saddle and then he mounted behind her. Lionel saluted his men and they saluted him and saw them off.
‘Now, we go,’
As Lionel said so, his horse galloped like the wind.
Was he really serious? It was not possible. He was allowed to end his engagement to marry a commoner? And now they were on their way to inform Colette’s parents…
Will she be able to be his wife as she was?
No. It was impossible!
There was no way she could be the wife of a Commander of the Knights, a high ranking noble and closest retainer and friend to the King.
Colette knew best that she had no such talent or spirit.

As Lionel held her close to him on the horse that flew to their destination, she thought, this had truly become a very serious thing (Zuben: Kyaaaaa!)



Comments

  1. I love how this story just cuts to the chase without long winded fillers! Thank you very much for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I like very much your comments, it makes me laughing ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she was thinking "Would my parents agree with this? i've been engage with my childhood friend ages ago"

    Lol girl. Lionel is a noble, Knight Captain and Best friend to the King to boot, would any parent not agree with this 'Pie dropped from the heaven' dropping on their doorstep?

    Well a Lion asking to marry a Rabbit is really something to think about in lot of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if the queen is gunna try the tactic of absence makes the heart grow fonder or something idk if i got that right lmao!!!. Or just ignore the king a while and maybe he'll notice someone is no longer chasing him...I'm curious...does the king and queen have a story also? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe the king is just.. You know a guy with a maidens heart :>

      Delete
  5. I just found this novel today at NU and I'm glad that I gave it a chance. I love the story and your tsukkomi is hilarious, it made reading this novel more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This royal couple are each immature so they do not know what to do with their relationship. pity.
    thank you for this update . I hope Lionel and Colette are received well by her parents

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the side comments :) and i love how funny the story is tho it has become a very serious thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how at the end of almost every chapter, she says that it's become a serious thing. Like, sure, it's the title... But lol, I feel like it might've been better to keep it for special occasions instead of sprinkling it throughout the book. Oh well. Thanks for the translation.

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)

Mo Yan in the Book 11 - 15 (H)